Data Science Manager
Global App Testing
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Poland only
Lead a high-performing, communicative and inspired team towards building the autonomous testing agent as part of the Global App Testing platform.
Why work with us?
- You’ll be working in a fast feedback and deployment environment
- Deploy multiple times a day to production
- DevOps Environment: mlFlow, MLOps to SageMaker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Graylog, Sentry, NewRelic, GitLab, Slack & JIRA
- You’ll use the latest technology and practices
- Backend: mlFlow, PyTorch, Graph-based NN, Jupyter Notebooks, Python, Sagemaker, S3
- We just started working on a new product and You will take a meaningful part in our data science efforts
- You’ll grow personally and professionally
- Leadership: Mentoring, Personalised development plans, 1:1s
- Team: Friday tech talks, Retrospectives, knowledge sharing
- Quickstart: Bootcamp, Buddy System, First-day release to production.
What You'll be doing:
- Build and lead world-class ML engineers and Data Scientist that can execute on GAT product roadmap
- Give regular and clear feedback around the individual's performance
- Support team members’ growth and career development
- Actively participate in the hiring process
- Foster a culture of product ownership, technical excellence, operational efficiency and teamwork
- Design machine learning models for web, mobile autonomous testing agent
- Building a strong environment of ownership over the apps and features which are implemented.
- You will set a data science strategy for your team in a way that ladders up to the larger organisational strategy.
Product Vision & Delivery :
- Facilitate multi-functional partnership between ML engineers, data scientists to build innovative and user-friendly products.
- Lead projects to success while supporting a continuous technical innovation culture
- Lead team with Lean Startup approach (design experiment)
- Vision - You understand the overall product vision of the company, and consistently evaluate whether the contributions of you and your team fit into that vision.
- Customer focus - You have the best understanding in the business of what your customer truly needs, bringing together feedback from the likes of customer interviews and usability testing with information obtained from internal sources such as sales and customer success.
- Data analysis - You are data-driven to the core, and have the ability to use data to diagnose problems, validate features and report on product performance.
- Stakeholder management - You’re a fantastic communicator, reporting up (to management) and sideways (to stakeholders and the company) in an inspirational, clear and effective manner.
- Product intuition - You aren’t afraid to take a risk, and possess the product intuition to know when to think big (or stop) when you might be approaching the local maximum.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices.
We don't expect someone to tick every box. We are willing to train the right person who wants to learn.
- Min 4 years of commercial experience as Data Science/AI/ML Engineer or common
- Min 2 years of leadership experience (Team Lead or Manager position)
- Experience with AI (ML, NLP, Neural Networks of various types, Swarm Intelligence, etc.)
- Knowledge with Machine Learning Frameworks (PyTorch, Keras, Tensorflow, sklearn)
- Knowledge with Reinforcement Learning and deep learning
- Experience owning your own product strategy, KPIs, roadmap and backlog
- Experience using Lean startup & Agile principles
- Experience pulling, crunching and analysing data
- Knows Data Science Python tooling (numpy, scikit)
- You love developing, coaching and growing people across different subject areas and crafts.
- You have led complex engineering efforts including analysis of requirements and scoping and know what it takes to deliver high-quality software with the team.
- You are adept at using agile methodologies for product development.
- Proactive attitude. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Think outside of the box.
- Focus on delivering and self-management
- Experience in Startup/Product companies
- Good written and spoken English communication skills (a must at C1 level)
- Deep Graph Library
Compensation & Benefits
- Negotiable salary, but within 18000 – 27000 PLN net a month on a VAT invoice (B2B), depending on your experience
- Paid holidays (all holidays in your country + up to 26 days + sick days)
- Permanent contract
- Learning budget & time
- In-house hack days
About Global App Testing
- Put simply, when the likes of Google or Facebook need to globally test their app, they use Global App Testing. We help companies all around the world to accelerate growth through our crowd-enabled testing platform for web and mobile apps.
- Internationalising software at speed has become increasingly problematic, with the vast combination of new devices, operating system upgrades and global network providers.
- By taking a customer-focused approach to quality, hundreds of leading brands including Facebook, Youtube, Microsoft, General Electric and iHeartMedia rely on Global App Testing’s platform to improve quality at a speed that allows agile and DevOps teams to release faster and more often.
Our Mission and Culture
- At Global App Testing, we have the capability to leverage over 50,000 assessed and professional testers with real devices in real environments in over 189 countries.
- We’ve also gained worldwide recognition for innovations in the testing field - most notably creating Testathons and publishing a best selling book called Leading Quality (a definitive guide and philosophy on how the right QA can increase your speed, scale and global growth). Testathons, (hackathons for testers), have now run in over 35 countries with leading tech teams from the likes of Spotify and Instagram.
- At Global App Testing we’ve created an open and inclusive environment where you can play to your strengths whilst stretching yourself to become the best version of you. We believe focusing on your core skills, enjoying your work, building lasting internal relationships, and collaborating with other equally passionate and world-class people is a recipe for your success.
- We embrace a family-friendly environment, knowing how important it is to have a healthy work-life balance.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Poland only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈