Data Science Intern
3 weeks ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
ConsumerTrack™ is unique in the digital marketing and media industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
ConsumerTrack is looking for an Data Science Intern to join our Data Science Department. We’re looking for someone who has the ability to learn new tools, technologies, and concepts quickly, with a passion for data science! This is a 12-week summer internship that will provide hands-on experience working on challenging real-world problems that will help build your expertise and resume!
What will you do?
- Monitor data integrity via Tableau.
- Improve Machine Learning Predictions for an automation tool we're building internally
- Report & document issues, trouble shoot issues using SQL.
- Gain an understanding of the CTI business and typical variance patterns in data.
- Help to improve data integrity and support optimization of KPI's.
- Gain exposure to data science toolkits, such as sklearn, tensor-flow, keras, gensim, etc and NLP toolkits such as nltk, spacy, etc.
- Gain exposure to data visualization tools such as D3.js, plotly / seaborn / matplotlib / tensor-board, Tableau, etc.
- Gain exposure to NoSQL and relational databases such as DynamoDB, Elasticsearch and statistical modeling tools like SAS, R, Python, etc.
- Currently pursuing or obtained Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related degree
- General interest in Data Analytics/Web Analytics
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge in Excel, Power Pivot, Power BI
- Comfortable with SQL and large data sets
- Experienced working with creating reports and dashboards using Tableau is a plus!
- Be detail-oriented, deadline driven and able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Must be hungry, high energy, and eager to learn
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and critical thinking skills
- Motivated self-starter with ability to take direction and manage priorities
- Must be available to work 15 hours a week Monday-Friday for the duration of the 12-week program.
What we offer:
- Mentorship Program
- Paid internship! School credit applicable.
- Team Building Events
- Weekly virtual yoga & mindfulness meditation
- Company-wide events
- Learning & Professional Development Workshops
- Opportunities to meet with our department leaders and executive team through Lunch & Learns
We are an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈