Data Platform Director/Architect
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with offices located worldwide, OpsRamp is a modern SaaS platform company that’s just entered its next stage of growth with new investment from Morgan Stanley, HPE, and Sapphire Ventures. We’re disrupting the $28 billion-dollar market of IT operations management, fundamentally changing how IT teams support the business through infrastructure management.
As one of Forbes’ Top Cloud Computing Companies to Work For, we’re working to upend the old way of discovering, monitoring, managing, and automating IT infrastructure with tomorrow’s innovations like artificial intelligence, cloud capabilities, and more. We’re building the best team of innovators, thinkers, and doers in technology to realize the future of digital operations and bring it to life. It’s truly the dawn of a new era for a major market, and we’re in the center of it. Are you ready to join the future of IT operations?
In this role, you are going to build a real-time online analytic platform providing insights and data for OpsRamp’s ITOM Platform for hybrid cloud environment. The platform aggregates data from different data sources and makes them available for consumption through an intuitive and highly performant query service and UI allowing customers and users to provide custom queries. Additionally, it allows programmatically access data while applying a tight Data Governance strategy. To achieve this goal you will guide and collaborate with a talented, curious, and highly motivated group of engineers and engineering leads.
Objectives of this role:
- Enterprise data analytics strategy
- OLAP Reference architectures
- Data placement, usage, search and storage patterns
- Data platform architecture and design
- Data query, reports and analytics
- Architect, design and build a big data online analytic platform processing tens of TBs/Day, serves thousands of clients and supports advanced analytic workloads
- Help build high scalable platforms applying modern open-source OLAP technologies like prestroDB or Pinot, etc.
- Constantly review code, look for design breaches, provide meaningful and relevant feedback to developers, stay up-to-date with system changes
- Collaborate with multiple cross-disciplinary teams and provide technical leadership, guidance, and coaching to engineers through brainstorming sessions, design reviews, and pair-programming
- Define and advocate for technical standards of CI/CD, quality, monitoring, security, modifiability, extensibility and maintainability of data processing software
- Continuously explore the technical landscape of the Big Data ecosystem through POCs and analysis of various frameworks and technologies
- 8+ years of experience in building and operating mission-critical enterprise data-intensive and distributed systems
- 5+ hands-on experience with Cassandr/Java/MySQL/Python development
- Ability to Architect and Design complex software systems while adhering to fundamental principles and best practices
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with distributed columnar data stores
- Experience with Big data modeling, performance tuning, and cost optimizations
- Fluent in SQL and data analysis
- Familiar with open-source software stack and OLAP technology stack
- Experience with following and advocating state of the art SDLC processes
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or other related fields
- Big Data - Hadoop, Hive, Apache Spark, PrestoDB, etc.
- ETL/ELT pipelines
- Container Platform - Kubernetes and Dockers
- Relational database – MySQL
- Graph Database – Janus Graph, Neo4J, etc.
- Time Series database - Cassandra
- Data Analytics – PowerBI, AWS Quicksight etc.
- Data Engineering – Relational, Dimensional, Columnar, Graph DB design
- Streaming – Kafka
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈