Data Migration Specialist (Oracle to PostgreSQL)
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Americas Only
- Assess the existing Oracle databases and gauge the complexity and estimate the efforts required for a migration
- Determine the best migration target based on the nature of the application and the type of data and the business logic in the database, and if PostgreSQL or MySQL or any other Open source database suits better as a target database technology for migration
- Prepare data migration strategies and designs for each project, including plans to avoid downtime when required
- Lead migration projects and work closely with the database migration teams at Percona so that the project is aligned with the standards set by Percona
- Train internal teams on the PostgreSQL development skill set and be a single point of contact for our Global Services teams on PostgreSQL development and migration-related assistance
- Perform migration of PL/SQL code that includes Packages, Procedures and Functions from Oracle to PostgreSQL
- At least 5 years of experience in performing Oracle to PostgreSQL migrations and in helping clients port applications from Oracle to PostgreSQL with alternate approaches that are open source
- At least 5 years of experience in writing PLpgSQL and migrating Packages and Procedures from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
- At least 1 year of experience in writing Oracle PL/SQL code
- At least 1 year of experience coding in Python or Golang or Java - expertise in bash scripting is a must
- Knowledgeable in various alternatives for syntax and features only applicable to Oracle e.g. Hierarchical queries in Oracle use CONNECT BY, Oracle uses rownum, etc., so you’re able to find the best alternatives in PostgreSQL for various Oracle features
- Knowledgeable in the target data types in PostgreSQL that suit the corresponding Oracle data types while migrating objects from Oracle
- You’ve used migration tools like Ora2PG or Schema Conversion toolkit from AWS
- You’ve migrated data from Oracle to PostgreSQL using FDW’s or custom tools or existing open source tools. Knowledge on tools that enable continuous replication of data from Oracle to PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience with training development and delivery
- Experience in a variety of complex environments in verticals such as finance, healthcare, government and consulting
- Cross-over experience with MySQL or MongoDB
- Project management experience/certifications
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Americas Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈