is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The primary goal of Labs is to prepare students for a successful technology career by giving them the experience of designing, implementing and delivering software products in a highly collaborative work environment. As a Data Lead, your fundamental focus will be to help create this exciting and productive working environment for data science students.
You’ll be a part of the Labs Student Product Leadership Team, which consists of Product Managers, Engineering Managers and Design Managers. You’ll also work closely with student Product and Project Leads.
You’ll be responsible for assisting multiple student teams, each typically consisting of 3-4 data science students working alongside web, mobile and UX students. You’ll educate students in the practice of designing, training, and deploying machine learning systems to support real software products. You’ll also help data science students better understand how to collaborate inside of a cross-discipline product development team.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
This is a part-time 25-hour role. You would be working from approximately 5pm PST-10pm PST.
What you'll do:
- Train and guide data science students to demonstrate, discuss and refine their engineering skills in a diverse and highly-collaborative team environment
- Collaborate closely with Labs Product Managers to discover new opportunities for data science projects
- Continuously improve the Labs product and project frameworks to help instruct data science students on how to best work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Hold regular office hours to meet with data science students for targeted support
- Collaborate with colleagues in Labs, as well as from across Lambda School on cross-functional initiatives to improve student experience and outcomes
- Design, develop, deliver and refine the Labs data science curriculum
- Report on student progress and success throughout the Labs experience
What you'll need:
- If your highest education is High School Diploma or GED, you are required to have 5+ years of working experience in the learning track’s industry
- If your highest education is a College Degree (proof required), you are required to have 3+ years of working experience in the learning track’s industry
- 5+ years of experience programming in Python
- Experience managing teams of data engineers, and mentoring entry-level engineers or data scientists
- An interest in keeping up with the latest advances in data science in industry
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.