Data Engineering Manager, Analytics
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better for everyone. We’re looking to hire an entrepreneurial Data & Analytics Engineering Manager. If you're passionate about building meaningful products that people love to use, then you’ll love what we’re up to.
Our team is solving big problems that requires a big-picture thinker who is motivated to make a real difference through their work. The individual in this role should love data and accuracy of data should be their passion.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for data accuracy, reliability, and on time delivery of features
- Manage expectations with multiple stakeholders across different functions
- Build cross-functional relationships with data science, product and software engineering teams
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches
- Drive data quality across the product verticals and related business areas
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations
- Work closing with cross-functional teams to identify key performance metrics and ensure they are captured and reported in a timely manner
- Build an organization that takes ownership and accuracy of data 24x7x365
- Define and manage SLAs for all data sets and processes running in production
What you’ll need:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field
- A fintech background with an understanding of the complexity and importance of financial data
- Comfortable being hands-on when needed, but remain strategic in vision and action
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership/management role, building data pipelines, and data analysis
- Firsthand experience building a scalable data pipeline that can process in batch as well as real-time mode
- Knowledge of Python and/or R programming languages
- Hands-on experience with Docker Containers and/or Amazon Kubernetes Service
- Expert in AWS data analytics tools like Redshift, Firehose, Kinesis
- Expert level skill with SQL, using complex nesting queries to produce aggregated results
- Hands-on experience data pipeline tools like building DAG on airflow or prefect.io
- Experience building reporting on Tableau
- A strong understanding of building and managing multiple A/B tests and reporting effectiveness of those results back to the stakeholders
What you’ll get:
At Altruist you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt the financial industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading-edge of their craft.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor with the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
You’ll join a proven founding team with a significant venture. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈