Data Engineering Manager
4 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 434M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable, and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up every morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling, and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New York, Berlin, Barcelona). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble, and passionate team at the heart of innovation: our Bureau Of Technology.
Our roles are 100% remote-friendly in the UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands. If you are from elsewhere but willing to move to one of our countries, let’s talk about it 💪
BackMarket is looking for an engineering leader who will help drive our Data Engineering development team. The core competencies of this role include mentoring and coaching of people, cultivating a collaborative team, leading delivery, and data product ownership.
- Leading a growing team of 7 Data Engineers
- Collaborating with the product group and other tribes to align the team with company objectives and initiatives across engineering and the wider business
- Ensuring the development of people and teams through ongoing coaching and mentoring
- Creating an inclusive team environment, where team members feel like they belong and are supported do their best work
- Establishing open communication and a culture of feedback between team members
- Working in an agile "build it and run it" environment where engineering teams build, launch, monitor and support the sections they own
- Working with the team to identify and make improvements in our processes, practices and product
- Supporting teams in increasing the delivery proficiency by creating a learning environment.
- Experience and passion for growing, developing and guiding people
- Openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe workplace
- Interest in working in an environment where leaders support their teams to do great work, through removing impediments, finding improvements, and facilitating effective decision making
- Enthusiasm about reaching new levels of effectiveness (and quality!)
- A background as an individual contributor and willingness to help when the team needs it
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excitement for learning about how our industry works and the impact we bring to our customers and the world
- Experience with the following tech stack is a plus: AWS (Lambda, dynamodb, EMR), GCP (Big Query, Data Catalog), Spark (Delta), RestFul API, Terragrunt, Terraform, Datadog, Spinnaker, Python, Scala.
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote-friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA, and now in Asia!
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded, and friendly environment.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈