Data Engineer / Superside
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Nixa.io is currently working with Superside to hire a Remote Data Engineer to their operations team.
Want to use data to solve the future of work as we deliver hassle-free design to some of the most innovative companies on the planet? Join Superside as a Data Engineer to help us build an analytics-driven future of work that provides world-class design from a team of brilliant, collaborative, and excited creators from around the world.
Who we are:
Superside is a fully remote future-of-work startup, offering strategic design solutions to big brands like Facebook, Amazon, Twitch, Puma, Shopify, Outbrain, Salesforce, Experian, LVMH, S&S Activewear, RedBull and many others. We're backed by Y Combinator, Slack Fund, Freestyle Capital, and High Alpha.
Our remote-work model enables us to find and recruit the best designers and innovators from top-tier firms around the world, helping us create more equal economic opportunities globally while delivering jaw-dropping design at unbeatable speeds and prices. We use technology to enable our community of creative, thoughtful, passionate, and kind innovators to connect and collaborate, but we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to use tech to help us grow closer, faster, or smarter.
We want to bring the future of work to life and flood the world with beautiful, intuitive design. And we want your help in doing both.
What you’ll do:
As a Data Engineer at Superside, you’ll be responsible for gathering, structuring, analyzing, understanding, aggregating and presenting all data that runs through the company. You’ll be responsible for designing and developing data systems and reporting tools to discover opportunities for operational innovations and help us test those innovations in an analytically rigorous manner. The purpose of this role is to build solid “customer insight” for the whole company and to make Superside a data-driven company.
- Design, develop and maintain a data analytics ecosystem and an optimal data pipeline architecture
- Build the infrastructure and integrations needed for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources both internally and externally
- Build analytics tools and reporting systems that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insight into operational efficiency, customer acquisition and journey, and other key business performance metrics.
- Collaborate and influence with stakeholders such as Leadership, Creative Project Managers, Designers, and Engineers to ensure our data infrastructure meets constantly evolving requirements.
- Write and review technical documents, including design, development, and revision documents.
- Establish a vision for what the data-driven future could be at Superside and then take part in bringing that vision to life
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a passionate and creative data whiz that solves problems using novel and innovative data structures and analytics. Hopefully you’re excited about the flexibility of remote work, the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented individuals from many geographies and cultures, and the freedom offered by the metaphorical sandbox of a start-up environment. As this role will be quite autonomous, it is important that you are able to work independently and make good decisions on which projects to prioritize and what to build next.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases
- 3+ years of experience with one general purpose programming language (e.g., Java, R, Python, Scala).
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, data models and data warehouses
- Experience writing and maintaining ETLs which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Experience building easy data pipelines by utilizing available SaaS ETL tools (e.g., Xplenty, Talend, Stitch, Airflow).
- Advanced spreadsheet modelling and application programming skills using Google Sheets and Google Apps Script
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Solid business understanding and customer empathy, and experience with customer journeys and behaviour
- You have experience from a English speaking work environment and are able to speak and write English on a professional level
- A flexible, remote, and autonomous work environment
- A talented and diverse team
- Competitive salary
- Five weeks vacation
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈