Data Engineer (Remote)
Blue Orange Digital
6 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: LATAM Only
This position is a contract to hire, fully remote position for candidates in Latin America.
*Resume must demonstrate English ability
Must be within +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Timezone(NYC)
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital wanted to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers and team members. We're headquartered in NYC and DC with additional remote engineers across the US and Latin America.
Blue Orange Digital is looking for a Data Engineer to join our talented multi-disciplinary team. We build data analytics platforms for our clients that incorporate machine learning to solve business problems. Blue Orange Digital works across multiple industries, this role provides an exciting set of experiences across a wide range of domains.
Your primary focus will be the architecting and developing systems that include data ingestion, data processing, algorithm development. Major technologies involved include AWS (Lambda, Glue, CloudFormation, EMR), Python 3, Spark, Pandas. Blue Orange engineers take end-to-end ownership of their code and platforms, so the ideal candidate for this position has a mixture of experience in Cloud Engineering and Data Engineering.
Core Responsibilities & Skills
- Architecting, building and maintaining modern, scalable data architectures on AWS
- Building resilient production ETL pipelines using workflow orchestration tools such as Airflow, Prefect, AWS Step Functions
- Deploying and scaling machine learning models in production.
- Data exploration, analysis, and reporting with an eye towards developing a narrative using Notebooks.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced experience in Python with an excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, complex data structure, data processing, data quality, data lifecycle, and algorithms.
- Experience in Amazon AWS, DevOps and Automation (Cloud Formation)
- AWS certification, or progress toward, at the associate level (Solutions Architect or Developer), or specialty (Big Data) a strong advantage.
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
APPLY through Breezy portal on our website: blueorange(at)digital
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: LATAM Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈