Data Engineer - Data Strategy
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Canada Only
About the team
We are the Business Intelligence and Marketing Technology team, an integral part of TELUS Business Marketing. We are a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and engaged team driven to serve Small and Medium business customers who represent a growing segment for TELUS. This team drives the business market intelligence and advanced analytics, providing insightful internal and external data on our customers and business performance. We are also responsible for enabling, accelerating, and measuring marketing campaigns through customer data enrichment, marketing technology, and campaign automation. We are as passionate about our team and our customers as we are about our business, and we're looking for people who get excited about thinking and delivering differently.
Our team members include people like you – Curious, analytical, innovative, and authentic. We believe that you'll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging, and rewarding. Join our team and make your future friendly too.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a Data Engineer your primary focus will be empowering the business with trusted, high quality data from across the value chain, leveraging multiple data sources, tools and technologies. You will be responsible for enabling our long term data strategy allowing users to drive insights and analytics with trusted quality data. Your work will enable a 360 view of a customer across the organization from disparate sources
- Establish relationships and liaise with a diverse group of cross-functional partners within the organization
- Work with end users to identify & collect business requirements
- Analyze, design, develop, implement and test new data
- Manage deliverables and implement data with excellent attention to detail
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- Has 3 to 6 years of experience in an intermediate to senior data engineer role
- You are analytical and outcome-oriented with a proven ability to translate technical considerations into business implications as well as to synthesize data into actionable insight
- Experience building datasets and working with databases, datalakes leveraging various tools and technologies
- Strong data analysis and ELT skills (SQL, Python, SSIS)
- Experience in building entity resolution algorithms to match and join disparate datasets
- Experience institutionalizing daily & weekly data pipeline monitoring
- Knowledge of developing use cases based on input gathered from a variety of sources including analysis results and feedback from the user community
- Known as a continuous learner with a passion for technology and data
- Composed and poised in complex, ambiguous situations
- Known for your ability to solve problems
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be self-directed
- Ability to successfully complete complex assignments, delegate as required and provide appropriate communications
Great to haves:
- Experience with JSON & API's
- Knowledge in BI tools such as Domo, Tableau, Airflow, NiFi
- Database tuning, administration and query optimization
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈