1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Ireland only
LetsGetChecked is becoming a global leader in personal health testing. Our medical technology platform provides connectivity between customers and our global network of laboratories. We are enabling customers to order, manage and track their own clinical outcomes through a personal online account.
Our Data Engineers take pride in designing and developing scalable data solutions that drive our core mission of empowering individuals, corporations, universities, public sector, and health insurance companies to use technology in a simple but powerful way to give them greater control of their healthcare needs. This role supports our products, operations, and growth with the data tools and solutions to meet market demand. You will be at the intersection of our data, engineering, and cloud computing environments. You will be deeply experienced in at least two, passionate about all three, and conversant with stakeholders in all.
We are looking for an exceptional data engineer who takes pride in building scalable solutions that will help drive strategic data programs for our healthcare customers. A successful candidate in this role should have a proven track record of providing end-to-end analytical solutions and have the ability to implement and integrate them with other engineering solutions.
A great opportunity to work with a team who are cross skilled i.e. data and software engineers and build data solutions that could be easily integrated into existing software components and applications.
- Research, develop and apply new innovative data technologies to our healthcare products
- Be an advocate of state-of-the-art technology and engineering approaches
- Build new products and solutions that transform our industry
- Implement and maintain modern data architectures
- Appreciate data quality, data reliability and data efficiency
- Build scalable solutions that provide data to downstream Data Science, Insights, Marketing, and Business teams across the organization
- Write clean, maintainable code using the best industry standards for mission critical services
- Work with autonomy to find solutions to complex data problems and be flexible and responsive to changing requirements and priorities
- The ability for critical thinking outside your immediate sphere of responsibility
- Have experience with commercial products and environments (not just internally focused)
- Have a collaborative working style and contribute to the development of our technical communities across the company
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a data engineer with the curiosity and desire to learn new technologies, approaches, libraries and languages
- Experience implementing ETL / ELT solutions end to end
- Expertise optimising and maintaining data architectures, data pipelines and data sets
- Knowledge of integrating business intelligence, data science and ML capabilities into products
- Understanding and experience of working with data at various stages - at rest (streaming), in various forms (structured, semi-structured) and data in doubt ( uncertainties with the data)
- Good understanding of event driven architectures
- Experience of complex data management environments (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Elastic, SQL Server, T-SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Redshift, S3)
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem
- An excellent communicator (in English), proactive and self-sufficient, with strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to breakdown and clearly define problems
- Ability to establish credibility and build relationships at all levels
- Passion for best quality practice and continuous professional development
- Experience in geo-distributed Cloud environments (preferably AWS)
- Exposure working with high-traffic public-facing websites
- Some knowledge of OOP Design Patterns, Distributed Systems, Enterprise Application Integration, Service Oriented Architectures
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of server less technologies like AWS Lambda
- DevOps and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) knowledge
- Information Security and Data Compliance knowledge
- US Healthcare experience a plus
- Work as part of a dedicated team with an emphasis on global success
- Work in a fast-paced and rapidly expanding Healthcare and Technical company with a clear focus on personal health improvements
- Free testing kits monthly to monitor your own health
- Competitive salary
- Remote working
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Ireland only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈