VTEX is the only multitenant commerce platform capable of unifying experiences in all sales channels. With a robust solution, scalable cloud infrastructure and powerful tooling, our platform accelerates the transformation of complex operations.
More than 2900 renowned companies of varying sizes and segments, with operations in 42 countries and in global expansion, have at VTEX the solution for the online sale of their products, among them major names such as Sony, Motorola, Walmart, Whirlpool, Coca-Cola, Stanley Black & Decker, and Nestlé.
TRUST TO BE TRUSTED: We believe with eyes closed and delegate responsibilities. To be trustworthy you need honesty, transparency and consistency in quality and performance. This is the great pillar of all relationships that involve VTEX within and outside the company. We’re trust-first.
BUILD FOR COMMUNITY: It’s all about being ready to grow and reach new levels with others. Have a clear purpose, collective thinking and a flexible essence, and you’re building for community. We are global but we’re audacious enough to aim for the stars.
BE BOLD: Boldness is about challenging the status quo and not being afraid to make mistakes or take risks. We test new alternatives, walk into the unknown and explore possibilities no one thought about. To be bold is to apologize instead of asking for permission.
ABOUT THE TEAM AND OPPORTUNITY
We're building the infrastructure for global commerce. Our create solutions that range from e-commerce to physical store solutions, but also extend to financial services and even tools to empower partner and client's devs. Among our biggest technical challenges:
• Build services and workflows that are adaptable enough to fit our current and future enterprise demands
• Evolve and scale our infrastructure to keep up with our 50% YOY growth
• Deliver our engineering expertise through our serverless development platform
As a Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself working with the best peers in the market while solving the most complex problems of global e-commerce. At VTEX, we hope you have the proactive attitude to show results before someone asks you to.
AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM YOU WILL HAVE AUTONOMY TO:
- Design, build and maintain the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies;
- Ensuring architecture is planned in such a way it meets all the business requirements;
- Build and maintain enterprise-scale data warehouse and data lake solutions end-to-end;
- Build and maintain data-driven applications;
- Collaborate with members of our team (e.g., software engineers, data scientists, data analysts) on the project’s goals.
WE WANT SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related areas;
- Data Engineering experience or expertise with Distributed Systems;
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Systemic thinking to design simple solutions to complex problems;
- Ease of learning and adaptation: we have the ability to change fast;
- Have the urge to question and discover alternatives to pre-existing paradigms;
- Interest and ease to learn new programming languages if necessary.
Even though we value familiarity with our technology stack, we don't require that you have any previous knowledge of it. We’ve found that people who have a solid grasp of fundamental software engineering skills combined with a growth mindset fit in well at VTEX - and all the people we've found with this profile proficient in at least one programming stack.
• Competitive compensation
• Flexible work schedule
• Food voucher (Flash)
• Health, dental and life insurance
• Child care assistance
• Extended parental leaves
• Gympass partnership (access to 2700+ gyms)
• Language scholarship: 65% subsidies in English, Spanish and Portuguese courses
• Free shipping on 1000+ VTEX stores
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We believe that inclusion inspires innovation and strong teams thrive inside diverse environments. We are committed to a hiring process that ensures equal opportunities for all, regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
This is a job opening for a permanently remote position.
VTEX continues to hire remotely for all on-site roles, all interviewing and onboarding are done virtually due to COVID-19. We have Product Hubs in Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba and João Pessoa.