Data Center Technician
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
iland is looking for an experienced Data Center Technician to assist with data center operations across iland’s global cloud infrastructure. Candidates will need to have experience in installation and management of physical infrastructure hardware assets, with a focus on compute, storage and network hardware and infrastructure components deployed across the iland global data center footprint. This is a full-time remote position located in the Dallas, TX area and reporting to our Director of Data Center Operations.
- Collaborate with the Data Center Operations and Cloud Operations teams to provide on-site physical support for all implementation projects
- Monitor and track on hand inventory (optics, cabling, etc.) at data center locations
- Assist and maintain physical asset inventory of all local data center infrastructure equipment, components, peripherals and spare components
- Assist with all efforts requiring local presence within the data center including equipment shipping & receiving, packaging, installations and servicing
- Acting local point of contact for all vendor service activities on existing infrastructure assets
- Participate and collaborate in capacity management efforts for both infrastructure and facilities planning
- Ability and initiative to learn and participate within processes and technology in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow infrastructure project planning and implementation processes and suggest improvements where needed
- Assist the Director of Datacenter Operations and Infrastructure Deployment Engineers as an additional point of contact for other departments for datacenter issues and projects
- Capable of traveling to local datacenter locations and able to work non-standard hours as needed to satisfy customer and iland requirements
- All other duties as assigned
The following skills represent the minimum requirements to be considered for this position:
- CompTIA A+ / Network+ or other applicable technology vendor certifications.
- Experience deploying IT infrastructure in enterprise-class or service-provider scale data center environments.
- 3+ years experience in technical project deployments, with strengths in hardware deployment, management and troubleshooting.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with a passion for accuracy and quality in their work
- Excellent communicator (English language speaking and writing), high energy, positive attitude, aptitude for professional growth.
- Self-starter with the ability to stay focused and on-task working with 100% remote teams
- Capable of handling multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously.
- Strong critical thinking skills able to determine solutions for complex problems or challenges.
- Able to lift 30 lbs. or more with assistance as required.
The following skills represent additional proficiencies preferred to be successful in this position:
- Above average technical knowledge of hardware, network hardware and interconnections, as well as data center facilities and capacity management.
- Experience working in large-scale multi-datacenter enterprise or service provider environments.
- Familiarity and experience with Cisco UCS, HPE, and other enterprise-class infrastructure hardware platforms and products.
- Expert-level Excel experience
- Previous experience using and/or administering Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software such as Nlyte, Sunbird Systems, Cormant, etc.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Plan
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- PPO Healthcare Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
iland has been in business for 25 years, and is an industry leader in the areas of Secure Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Secure Cloud Backup (BaaS), and Secure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). iland differentiates itself and maintains its market leadership by investing heavily in its proprietary Cloud Console, which is an orchestration tool for its cloud services offered in the US, Europe, Australia, and Singapore. The result of this investment is a rapid development cycle with up to four product releases per year. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment that has been recognized by these industry leaders and more:
- Gartner Magic Quadrant Disaster Recovery as a Service Leader: 2016-2019
- Zerto Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- Veeam Service Provider of the Year: 2016 & 2017
- The Forrester Wave Top DR-as-a-Service Providers: Q1 2014
- Houston Business Journal #1 Best Place to Work: 2012 & 2013
- Nine Lives Media Inc. Talkin’ Cloud 100: 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Houston Business Journal Houston Fast 100: 2012 & 2013
- Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider (Cisco Powered)
- VMware Global Service Provider Partner (VSPP) of the Year: 2010-2012
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈