4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
* Open to Remote Work! *
Mattel is currently seeking a Data Architect for our BI Platforms team. Purpose of this position is delivery of solutions / data products to Mattel Business and Technology customers leveraging the Mattel Data Platform. The role expects the Data Architect to be accountable and responsible for Enterprise Data Framework vision and implementation. This role requires skillset to
- Implement enterprise solutions, guide High Level Design for Data Integration,
- Develop & curate data models for Analytics and ensure the data pipelines are based on the data architecture
- Ensure governance of data products is following the defined data architecture and implementation standard
- Be the point person for supporting data scientists and analysts for Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI) based data engineering.
- The position defines and curates Mattel’s data architecture strategy, principles, standards, processes and tools.
- The Data Architect will ensure we effectively manage our investment in Google Cloud Big Data / AI Platform and Informatica Data Management platform to support the organization’s strategic goals. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager of the BI Platforms group
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Lead data engineering teams to build pipelines for delivering data, using state of the art pipelining with AIML capabilities.
- Deliver and Enhance Mattel common data library, Business Ready datasets and Mattel canonical model by ongoing opportunities in the existing ecosystem to enhance them.
- Evaluate and implement emerging technology such as cloud data warehouse appliances, real time streaming, predictive/prescriptive/diagnostic and descriptive analytics, data visualization, and Cloud based Big Data
- Perform the role of an Architect to support Mattel’s enterprise Data Integration competency and assist developers with High Level Design for Data Integration and develop and maintain data models. Create Logical and Physical database design using IBM Architect
- Deliver to the common data model based on requirements and work with the ETL lead/developers to align detailed ETL specifications.
- Ensure governance to Common Data and Canonical models
- Diagnose and resolve data warehouse access and performance issues.
- Tune poor performing SQL’s or long running Informatica jobs. Also work with the BI team to identify slow running reports.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivelant experience
- Demonstratable Logical and Physical database design using data modeling tools . Must have demonstrable working knowledge of delivering insight projects to business via a defined data data architecture
- Demonstrable knowledge of cloud-based data warehousing, streaming, batch processing. Solid understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Strong working knowledge of Google Big Query, Python, Streaming, Oracle, Distributed Processing, DataSecOps tools such as git, Docker, etc
- Administer design and deployment of all data warehouse structures (DW, DM, OLAP, ODS, Data Lake etc.).
- Experience with DQ/DG and Data catalogs
- Working knowledge of ML/AI with Python and/or R.
- Working knowledge of Informatica toolsets including IICS, as well as continuous delivery practices for data pipelines, preferably with no-code pipeline technology environment
- Advanced analytical/problem solving skills. Exposure to Agile development practice such as SAFe, DevOps
- Basic project management skills. Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Strong collaboration and mentoring skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈