Data Analytics Lead
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Philippines
Miss Amara is seeking a dynamic and experienced Data Analytics Lead to drive the build-out of our business intelligence platform with the aim of developing a new suite of automated and sustainable reports to enable us to gain deeper actionable insights into our customers, supply chain and sales while driving data-informed decisions across Miss Amara.
We're growing here at Miss Amara — fast. We're reinventing the way that customers buys rugs online, innovating how people buy rugs through industry-first technology and a best-in-class customer experience. Since launching in 2014, Miss Amara has experienced rapid growth and is now regarded as one of the emerging e-commerce leaders in the APAC. In 2020 Miss Amara was awarded 17th in the fastest growing companies in APAC (Deloitte Fast 50 Australia), and in 2019 was a finalist in the ORIAS (Online Retail Industry Awards).
Our plan: To be the number one global retailer for rugs.
Miss Amara was founded with one mission - to create the best possible experience for people shopping for rugs online. Miss Amara is made up of a team that is (crazy) passionate about what they do, and strive to create a team culture that is vibrant, dynamic and supportive.
We are shaking up the homewares industry with innovative technology that removes the biggest pain points in buying a rug - offering free returns, free styling advice, and industry-first augmented and virtual reality, tools to ensure our customer selects the perfect rug. Our approach is a complete game changer for how customers shop for rugs.
We are building an all-star founding team to build a scalable business that our customers want to return to, time and time again.
- Lead the build-out of our data analytics platform
- Work senior management team to maintain current reporting needs across customer experience, marketing, sales, product development, planning and purchasing, logistics and finance
- Lead the design of overall architecture and processes to collect, cleanse, warehouse, manipulate and visualise data to produce reports and dashboards for the current reporting as well as the future BI platform
- Gather future reporting requirements that will help drive better data-driven business decisions
- Assist the CEO in the financial budget and forecast models
- Working along side our data analysts to write scripts/queries to pull data from various sources, developing ETL flows that apply business rules to ensure data is correct, accurate and complete
- Support the analytics team to build and maintain a data warehouse with a schema that fits our current and future requirements
- From time to time there will be a requirement to produce ad-hoc reports for different business functions
- Communicating analytical findings, including through reports, summaries, presentations and data visualisation
- The reports you will own and develop will ensure our business grows sustainable while providing a seamless customer experience supported by a transparent supply chain
We are looking for the following set of skills and experience from Our new Data Analytics Lead:
- Proven critical and strategic thinker; ability to understand all available information, synthesize data, cut through complexity and communicate a proposed solution clearly and concisely
- 2+ years experience working as a data analyst, ideally gained in a corporate or consulting or startup environment with e-commerce preferred
- Experience implementing a BI platform from ETL to warehouse to visualization
- Prior experience working with cloud-based data warehouses like Google BigQuery, AWS and Azure is a must
- Previous experience with visualisation tools like Google Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau or Qlik is critical
- Previous experience with ETL tools like Talend, Stitch, MS SQL SSIS would be highly regarded
- Experience working with senior stakeholders closely to gather requirements and deliver reports
- Prior experience working with data from Shopify, Google Analytics, Facebook and ERPs is ideal
- Previous experience working with REST API: GET PUT and POST requests will be a bonus
- Experience with developing python and R is a bonus
- Proven ability to solve complex data problems working with multiple data sets
- Strong understanding of database setup, mapping along with developing SQL queries
- Advanced experience using Google Sheets or Excel to create complex reports (current)
- Commercially minded having worked in a face-paced and high growth environment
- Process-driven with an appreciation for the importance of documentation and training
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and able to quickly adapt to change working in a startup environment
- Part of our founding team — You'll be a pivotal part of building a high-growth e-commerce business, with opportunity for career progression as Miss Amara expands into new markets.
- Work in unchartered territory — We are disrupting the homewares space using industry-first technology to stand apart from our competitors
- Join a truly global team - with team members joining from countries all over the world, we are a truly diverse workforce with a dynamic, fun and engaging company culture!
If you're ready to start 2021 with momentum and are inspired to join the future of e-commerce, we want to hear from you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Philippines.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈