Data / Analytics Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UTC-5 to +5
We’re looking for an experienced Data / Analytics Engineer to join our team at Payoneer Germany.
We’re a distributed team, hiring people to work from home - though we have a rather nice office in Munich where we hope to have occasional meetups soon!
We’re currently in the process of building out our distributed hiring operations, so we don’t have a definitive list of all countries we can hire in yet, but we’re looking across the range of UTC-5 to +5, and have current team members in Russia, India, USA, Albania, UK, Germany and more!
Who we are
Payoneer Germany is Payoneer's Munich-based Payment Orchestration Provider (POP) offering an open and provider-independent payment platform to help businesses integrate multiple payment gateways, providers, and methods on a global scale. Our platform guarantees online businesses more freedom of choice and a reduced complexity in their payment transactions. We provide intelligent payment solutions and tools to enable cross provider controlling and scoring, and to help customers reduce their operating costs.
With over 100 employees from 29 countries, our Munich office is truly international in every sense of the word. With an experienced team of motivated online payment professionals, we bundle a unique and profound know-how with respect to online payments and e-commerce.
What we have
We are just starting to build a new foundational data engine that will deliver answers to business stakeholders and customers, including our parent company Payoneer’s data team, C-level management, Product leaders and merchants using the optile gateway.
We have a hybrid colocated/distributed group of software engineers, working closely with the product team. Within that, we have a variety of cross-functional teams. Right now our data/analytics team is newly-formed and you will be a key part of that.
What we require from you
- Good command of spoken and written English, our chosen language of communication
- Experience with ETL pipelines and different products in the data/analytics/BI space so you can work with us to select the best technologies to cover our quite diverse use-cases
- Proficiency in Java, Python, or other languages, as we expect to build ingress/egress/analysis services along the way
- Focus on strong engineering practices and building quality software
- Good communication skills
Things you'll do
- Work with our Product team and other back-end and front-end developers to design and implement data solutions for our diverse group of stakeholders
- Help provide key business insights by enabling dashboard solutions, KPI measures, reports, and data extraction for the organisation
- Design and build well-thought-out APIs and ETL processes between our applications
What we would like to see
These aren’t requirements, just things we think would be particularly valuable. If anything or everything here doesn’t apply to you, please don’t let that put you off applying:
- You’re familiar with open-source projects like Singer, dbt, Apache Beam and similar
- You’re familiar with services like Google BigQuery, Amazon RedShift, Power BI, Tableau, Looker, AirTable - we expect one or more of these to power our platform
- Previous experience in data platform architecture and design and building such a platform from the bottom up while delivering results quickly
- Familiarity with agile, iterative design processes
If you’d like to apply, please send us your CV and cover letter! Any questions, just get in touch.
Please do include a cover letter - just a few short sentences on how you see us working together.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UTC-5 to +5.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈