Data & Analytics Director
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Great data analysts are in demand. If you're reading this job description, you probably have a lot of options. But which of the jobs you're considering will...
- Give you wide latitude to experiment with interesting data, new ideas, and clever innovations?
- Let you fight to improve the lives of everyday Americans, instead of just making investors rich?
- Still pay you well?
- Push you to grow, learn and become your best professional self?
If that's what you want in your next job, we want to hear from you.
WorkMoney is a startup advocacy organization focused on improving the financial security of our 1.5+ million members — everyday, working Americans. Founded in early 2020, WorkMoney is well-funded, strongly independent, and politically savvy. We've already built a huge membership and have had a major impact in that short period of time. We fight for commonsense policies that benefit working Americans, like COVID stimulus checks, and then educate our members on how to get what they're owed.
Our data is our lifeblood. It helps us develop a deep understanding of our members and their needs; it allows us to communicate the messages that resonate most; it guides our decision-making and helps us to challenge conventional wisdom and innovate.
We’re looking for a Director of Data & Analytics to lead our data analysis and insights across the organization. On any given day, you could be working with our digital engagement team to set up a new experiment testing different messaging; presenting an analysis of our membership to funders; working with the policy team to identify members for outreach; modeling new member segments based on their engagement.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who knows how to use (and when not to use) data. They have a deep curiosity to understand raw data and turn it into valuable and actionable insights, likely developed through a background in large-scale consumer data analytics and/or political campaign datasets.
WorkMoney's model is new and exciting: a twist on digital-age advocacy, which is already having more impact than old models. (Ask us about it if you interview.) But you don't need to be a nonprofit or advocacy expert to succeed in this role. Applicants from corporate or startup backgrounds will have as much (or more) to give in this role. Maybe 2020 stirred your conscience, and you realize it's time to apply your hard-earned for-profit experience to social change?
- Comfortable working with large cloud-hosted consumer datasets: conscious and mindful of the security and privacy implications; at ease with the tools (CLI or GUI) required to query and manage them.
- Experience running and analyzing content/engagement A|B tests, including longitudinal experiments to understand impact of different messaging over time.
- Top-notch attention to detail: you pride yourself on the integrity of your data and the accuracy of your analysis.
- Experience developing segmentation, propensity, and look-alike models across known, identified, and anonymous audiences.
- Comfort with ambiguity in a fast-growing organization: able to be effective in an organization whose staff all work remotely in a fast-paced, quick-reaction work environment; articulate communicator (over email, slack, zoom); comfort sharing interim work products and seeking feedback; self-starter and team player; chameleon-like ability to shift between leadership, collaboration, and independent work.
- A strong, opinionated, sense of how to use and contribute data for decision making. We pride ourselves in how we use data as an input, and not a directive.
- A deep desire to solve real-world problems facing tens of millions of Americans and a recognition of the power of data to contribute to that.
- Proficiency in SQL and/or statistical packages (R, Python, STATA, etc.)
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with building and maintaining ELT processes with solutions such as BigQuery, Snowflake, or Redshift.
- Advanced modeling, ML skills.
The salary for this role is between $120,000 and $160,000 annually, depending on experience.
We are a hard-working but tight-knit team, motivated by sense of purpose and mission. We all care deeply about improving our members' finances and changing our economy so that everyday Americans can live the lives they deserve. And we walk the walk: WorkMoney offers generous healthcare, vacation and retirement benefits -- the kind ALL Americans should be able to have, and which we are proud to offer.
It is WorkMoney's policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity, or veteran’s status. We strongly encourage applicants from historically under-represented communities.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈