Data Analyst (MIP)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
One of the fastest-growing companies in Canada (#13 on the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50 list), Wavo is a global marketing and analytics company whose mission is to make investing in artists data-driven, scalable, and predictable. Enabled by our best-in-class music analytics platform, Wavo navigates the continually evolving digital landscape to help artists, entertainers, and brands manage their digital presence, reach new audiences, and connect with fans.
Wavo’s technical team is small and efficient, and while we work to a high standard we don’t over-manage. We strive to build a workplace where everyone works hard and gets passionate about the big challenges. We can promise you will never be bored. We are constantly experimenting, testing new approaches, and challenging ourselves to master new skills. We try to think outside of the box and build an environment that’s both exciting and meaningful.
About The Role
Wavo is looking for a Data Analyst to work on the Music Intelligence Platform team. The Data Analyst will also play a key role in analyzing a large amount of raw information to extract valuable insights. As a Data Analyst, you'd be working closely with the Machine Learning Engineers and Data Engineers to help in the data acquisition process which includes data gathering and cleansing, feature engineering, and exploratory data analysis. You would also be responsible for communicating your insights with your peers, both technical and non-technical using different visualization tools, reports, and/or dashboards. This is a highly visible, and impactful role, and you'd be a valuable member of the data team at Wavo.
- Collaborate with data engineers and machine learning engineers to provide support throughout the data lifecycle and resolve data acquisition issues.
- Contribute to answering business-related questions with exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, and visual reporting.
- Assist other data engineers to ensure data integrity and improve data quality.
- Act as a positive team player and maintain productive professional relationships.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- High proficiency with SQL and familiarity with PostgreSQL.
- Working knowledge of Python for data analysis (Numpy, Pandas, Koalas, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, or related field.
- Naturally curious, enthusiastic, and have a strong desire to learn and improve
Nice to Haves:
- Proficient experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Google Data Studio.
- Familiar with Amazon AWS services including S3, EMR, and RDS.
- Basic knowledge about pySpark, ETL pipelines, and dbt.
- Current in relevant technologies and know-how to implement them effectively.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-enabled environment.
- Previous experience in a digital marketing environment.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Competitive equity
- Group health and dental insurance plan;
- A dynamic and empowering workspace, wherein employees come from a wide range of cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Access to technological infrastructure to be able to effectively onboard and work remotely;
- Being a part of innovation at the nexus of music, marketing/advertising, and technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈