Data Analyst - Looker
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The Analytics Engineer is responsible for developing data analyses for our clients, advising on data best practices, and having the technical expertise to manage the underlying BI infrastructure to support it. For this role, we are focused on someone with demonstrated experience in Looker.
You have the opportunity to influence the technical and strategic direction of a growing company. You will be measured by the scope and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, customer feedback at the close of projects, how well you collaborate with your peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- 1+ years of Looker development experience - LookML and dashboards
- Looker Developer Certification (or you will need to get certified within 60 days of hire)
- Intermediate SQL skills - both in query development and performance tuning
- Business Analysis Skills
- Demonstrated data visualization literacy and the ability to select visualizations appropriate for a given business need
- Experience with Agile development and Project Management applications like Jira, Asana, etc
- Experience with Git and version control
- Experience at the command line and basic Shell commands
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Experience with Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Hive, or Spark
- Experience with at least one other BI application such as Tableau, PowerBI, Domo, or Microstrategy
- Looker or Snowflake migration experience
- Understanding of ETL design patterns and some exposure to ETL / Orchestration like Apache Airflow, FiveTran, Stitch, Keboola etc
- Basic Python skills
- Experience with dbt
- Experience with media, ad agency, adtech, or e-commerce companies
This is a full-time role. We are NYC-based but remote applicants are welcome.
Requires work authorization and unfortunately we are not sponsoring H-1B visas for this role.
We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. It's the law and it's also not cool.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈