Data Analyst, Jr.
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Aptive is seeking a junior data analyst with demonstrated experience working with SQL, R, Python or other tools in an Agile environment. This position is ideal for a junior analyst to grow their analytical and SQL skills working with a small team of experienced professionals. The analyst position will support building a new Azure cloud-based data warehouse, designing data models, writing SQL code and working with Business Intelligence tools. We are seeking motivated, creative problem solvers to join our team, and implement solutions in coordination with senior developers and architects.
This junior-level, full-time position is a remote opportunity, with infrequent travel to Alexandria, VA.
- 3 years of software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field.
- Experience supporting large Cabinet-level federal agencies, ideally the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Must have excellent knowledge of professional data analysis and best practices for the full development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, testing
- Solid foundation in computer science and applications, statistics, modeling, analytics and math.
- Ability to effectively work remotely and collaborate virtually
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Experience working in Agile software development organizations
- 3+ years of experience with SQL relational databases, plus R, Python or other related data analysis tools
- Knowledge of SQL Extract Transform and Load (ETL) processes and writing custom SQL code.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Desire to learn data analytics and data science technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to communicate across most mediums and settings.
- Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
- Solves problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Performs work with minimum supervision
- Present to managers how to best alter their business models to generate profitable future trends.
- Perform tasks that may include obtaining data through advanced computerized models; extrapolating data patterns through advanced algorithms
- Develop simple graphs and charts to explain how the mathematical information will influence the specific project or business
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services and business transformation. Our employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts, commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education opportunities.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈