1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month. In 2020, Uken released Ava’s Manor, a solitaire game where users renovate and decorate the manor while discovering mysterious clues and dabbling in a romantic love story. Uken’s foray into narrative games is an exciting opportunity for the company.
We consider our Ukenites to be data-driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and engages them for years. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, innovation, and a data-driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries but with a focus on practical use.
Uken is looking for a Data Analyst to join our team. You will play a vital role in improving existing games and launching new ones by providing Product Managers the tools and insights into player behavior. You will be deeply involved in our data-driven game design process by working closely with game designers. Your role in that process is to analyze and build the datasets used to make sense of our players by building reports and visualizations, developing new metrics, and providing actionable insights about our players.
As a Ukenite, you'll be working on meaningful things like:
- Answering business-related questions through exploratory data analyses and ad-hoc reporting that drives engagement, retention, and monetization
- Building data visualizations used by the Product and Leadership teams
- Developing new metrics and player cohorts to unlock insights into player behavior
- Continually trying to improve our A/B test analysis process through new tooling and automation
- Deep diving into user behavior to unlock value for the product team
- Collaborating across data teams in the organization to improve data-driven decision-making and elevate Uken’s use of data science.
Your background should include:
- 2 years writing complex queries in SQL preferably Redshift
- Attention to detail and proven organization and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and present information clearly
- Proficiency in Python and/or statistical modeling
- An appetite to learn, grow and take on increasingly more responsibility
- A desire to answer questions that drive business outcomes
- Passion/knowledge of the mobile gaming industry
It is a big plus if you have:
- Previous experience at a startup or mobile game/app company
- Degree in statistics, economics, math, or a related field
- Experience in a Product Management / Data Analyst role
- Proficiency in Scala
What's in it for you?
- You’ll be equipped with a high-end PC or laptop
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Fully catered lunch, breakfast, and a snack filled kitchen (in-office)
- Uken social nights including mixers, game night, and more - we take entertainment seriously!
- Office-based or home-based work options
- Convenient location in the heart of downtown Toronto at Front & John St.
At Uken, we believe there is power in diversity and strive for a diverse, inclusive, and accessible environment. Our ongoing innovative journey relies on each Ukenite to be different. All qualified applicants will be assessed equally regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual attraction, gender identity, or expression, and would not face discrimination based on disability.
Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈