3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Currently working from our home offices, Briq is altering the landscape for construction decision making. We are harnessing the power of data to build the industry's first construction financial forecasting and intelligence platform that helps general and specialty contractors of all sizes enhance profitability and improve outcomes in all corners of the business. Leaders in automation, machine learning, and artificial intelligence, Briq is delivering deep insights empowering construction professionals to drive better outcomes.
Briq is ready for curious, charismatic, creative people to join the Engineering team at one of the fastest-growing construction analytics companies.
Our team of strategists, leaders, data scientists, and change-makers are revolutionizing construction by providing optimized tools that improve decision-making in one of the world's largest industries. Our clients are among the largest builders in the world; responsible for creating the infrastructure you thrive on and building the places where you live, work and play. They are hungry for better, smarter data and we are hungry for your talents to help make it happen.
The Briq Engineering team is looking for a Data Manager responsible for delivering dependable and valuable insights to Briq clients in alignment with committed milestones by researching, collecting, documenting, processing, and performing statistical data analyses. You will indulge your passion for developing business metrics and insights from complex datasets delivering incredible insights for our clients.
As a successful Data Manager, you are able to understand and translate the analytical insights requested by clients into Briq platform deliverables. You enjoy designing insightful reports and compelling data visualizations with high attention to quality, and want to automate everything you have built.
On a normal day at Briq, a Data Manager might:
- Break down complex questions into related components that need to be solved individually
- Mine and analyze large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to clients via the Briq platform
- Design reports, dashboards, graphs and visualizations that will be automated and delivered through the Briq platform
- Write SQL queries, primarily through the Briq platform, to extract and transform data
- Monitor and audit data quality
- Share the resulting insights and deliverables with the client through the Briq platform
- Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content, design the format for delivery of the analysis, and ensure the answers are meeting client expectations
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
- Conduct client and public data research and analytics
- Train clients and client's assigned CSM on using and interpreting the results
To succeed in this role and at Briq, you are driven, dedicated, and committed to pursuing a career in engineering with a focus on data. You hustle, collaborate, compete and are constantly challenging yourself to learn and grow. You LOVE to learn new things and adapt easily when trajectories pivot. You have an insatiable curiosity we will struggle to please and mad communications skills. You're empathetic, enthusiastic, and eager to work harder than you ever have before.
Briq is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you think you have what it takes to thrive here, we want you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈