Bioinformatics Data Scientist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
We are radically changing how drugs are designed and optimised using our proprietary artificial intelligence platform Rosalind. By building transformative AI solutions and integration with biology and chemistry, we want to discover new drugs and deliver the right drug to the right patient.
If you are a talented, mission-driven individual who wants to make an impact and who believes in data and AI, get in touch!
GlamAI has a multidisciplinary team of experts in AI and chemistry. The team has won a number of awards for their research and contributions to the healthcare industry. You can review our CEO's profile on LinkedIn here.
We have exciting growth plans, and are looking for a skilled Bioinformatician to join us on our mission!
Working alongside our machine learning, data scientists and computational chemists, you'll identify, develop and implement platform and infrastructures for data processing and integration. From helping us gather and draw insights from public and proprietary biological and chemical data covering genetics, pharmaceuticals and proteomics, etc.
As part of the role you will:
- Integrate large-scale proteomic, transcriptomic, and genomic datasets to identify and link druggable targets across the human protein-protein interaction network and identify small molecules candidates.
- Analyzed and interpreted results from genome and transcriptome sequencing against large-scale databases.
- Work individually and collaborate with team members from different disciplines to provide relevant and reliable insights and data.
- Collaborated within the team to identify and execute new opportunities to leverage artificial intelligence for ongoing and actionable business strategies.
- Help establish short and long term goals for our data integration modules in our platform, Rosalind.
- Work to maintain and improve the quality of our platform with setting best practices for data gathering, curation, testing, code review, documentation and architecture.
- Demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment.
What We Expect:
- Track record of working in bioinformatics or relevant areas.
- Hands-on experience with current datasets, toolkits and software.
- Experience deploying and managing data integration and analysis pipelines.
- Strong programming experience in R, Python/Perl with a strong working knowledge of Linux.
- Experience in analyzing Next-Generation sequencing (NGS) data.
- Degree in relevant fields such as systems biology. A Ph.D. degree is not required but preferred.
Nice to have:
- Solid knowledge of machine learning especially in the area of structure-based drug design.
- Experience in ML for drug discovery is not required but preferred.
- Industrial experience working with a multidisciplinary team and contributing to product and strategy.
- Production experience with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform and AWS.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with specialists from your own and other fields.
- Talented, motivated and interesting co-workers.
- Intellectual challenge solving meaningful problems with cutting-edge technology.
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- Monthly social activities.
- Flexibility around remote working.
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams. GlamAI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to addressing the diversity and inclusion problem in the tech industry. That starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈