Tier 1 Support Technician
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We’re revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, and T-Mobile to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we’re just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London.
The Technician I exhibits strong communication skills for remote support using connectivity tools as well as voice support. They must have a general working knowledge of software and operating systems and can provide basic usage instructions to customers. The Technician I must meet all Key Performance Indicator requirements, must be able to follow standard operating practices, and utilize multiple system tools effectively. Must be proficient at multi-tasking, and know when to escalate when necessary.
This role is a remote based role.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Provide remote technical support to SquareTrade customers
- Acknowledge, evaluate and appropriately handle appointments, calls and emails
- Identify technical issues by thoroughly examining systems using diagnostic tools
- Respond promptly to on demand support requests
- Advise customer of software and hardware options and best practices
- Offer add-on sales to products and services when appropriate
- Complete assigned training courses to improve service and learn new products and procedures
- Consistently meet productivity goals
- Other duties as assigned by management
You're Our Ideal Candidate If...
- Extensive knowledge of personal computer hardware, Windows OS, application support, peripherals, and networking.
- Must be well versed in resolving all common computer problems including viruses, spyware, slow performance, errors, email client set-up, software installation and configuration, wireless networks, and peripheral problems.
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a manner for non-technical individuals can understand
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service through verbal and written medium
- Highly motivated and able to work independently. Take ownership for problems and follow through to resolution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years minimum desktop or call center support for all of the standard windows based systems. Previous technical support experience with Mac OS based systems a bonus
- Certification(s) including but not limited to: MSDT, MCSE, A+, MCP, CCNA, CCNP, Net+
- Candidates without certification or failing to provide supporting documentation from accredited institute will not be considered
for this position.
Home Office Requirements:
- High Speed Internet access
- Quiet and private workspace
- Dedicated Landline line – No VOIP
- Individuals currently using VOIP (e.g. Bright house, Vonage, Magic Jack) as a service provider cannot be considered due to system incompatibility
Some of the benefits of working @Squaretrade include:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), Flex PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background check, which includes a drug screen.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈