Tier 1 Support Specialist
3 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Customer Service
Who we are:
Pixel Union and Out of the Sandbox are leading designers of premium themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform. We’re focused on helping our merchants — entrepreneurs, innovators, brands, and businesses large and small — succeed by providing them with the world’s best digital products, backed by exceptional customer support.
We are a team of 90+ across all departments, with headquarters in Victoria, BC, and remote team members distributed across Canada and beyond.
About the role:
Do you love what you do and enjoy working with good people? Our tight-knit team is made up of designers, developers, project managers and support staff who love what they do, bring passion and energy to their work, and don’t settle for anything less than the best results.
We are currently looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our team, full-time for a 2 month contract. You will collaborate closely with other support/Success specialists to provide exceptional customer support for our wide variety of digital products, make sure our customers’ needs are met and potential concerns are heard and addressed in the best way possible. Specifically, your role within the team will involve the following:
What you’ll be doing...
- You will be the face of the company and front line of contact for customers;
- You will be prepared to answer any question and be ready to dig deeper when needed;
- You will help our customers bring their vision to reality;
- You will be authoring documentation, tutorials and articles for our customers;
- You will work closely with the Support/QA teams, Developers, Designers, Marketing and other divisions;
- You will be a driving factor of Pixel Union’s success.
- Some HTML/CSS knowledge, ideally experience within the Shopify and/or BigCommerce platforms
- Eagerness to learn new skills
- Passion about ecommerce and technology
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Terrific people/communication/writing skills;
- Comfortability multitasking
- Great attention to detail
If you have these skills that's a huge plus!
- Experience with Liquid or other templating engines
We are a company built on creativity, teamwork, and employee well-being. We trust our team members and encourage them to design their work schedules so that they can get the most out of their day. We value challenging ourselves and others to ask questions that uncover better solutions for the future, and we get joy from being around fun, communication-focused folks who want to make a difference at their work!
Some of our perks include:
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Providing company hardware and software
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Company-sponsored wellness allowance
- Generous vacation policy
We bring passion and energy to our work, and believe that work should be rewarding, interesting, and come at a sustainable pace. Our team members can be found across Canada, the U.S. and the UK, and are well-adapted to working from home and the remote lifestyle. As long as you have a strong internet connection, you’ll be all set to join this dynamic team!
Please note that we will be filling this position within Canada. We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all who show interest. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈