Theme Support Specialist
1 month ago
Customer Support / Customer Success
The online presence of a merchant’s business starts with their website. At Shopify, we understand how a great theme can affect the livelihood of our merchants. As a Theme Specialist you will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on many aspects related to helping merchants customize their Shopify themes and troubleshooting theme related issues. We are looking for individuals who can use their communication and technical skills to support our merchants, both in helping them directly with their requests, and by creating education and material for them to reference. Our team adapts to anything that is thrown their way, and we are constantly collaborating to solve issues that affect themes with other teams and departments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Helping merchants customize their Online Store
- Identifying bugs and theme improvements for our Themes
- Develop ways to better equip our Support teams for any Theme related questions
- Improve documentation to reduce Theme related support debt
- Working with PSN, Sustaining Engineering, Themes, Online Store and Theme Partner Manager teams to resolve Theme bugs and improve Product
- Contributing to critical projects within Theme Support as well as cross organizational, that contribute to the overall merchant experience
- Know HTML and CSS like the back of your hand
- Have experience creating/modifying themes or web templates (e.g.: Wordpress, Tumblr, Liquid)
- Have customer service experience. This could be anything from working as a Shopify Guru, working with clients on large scale design projects, or a retail job at Old Navy or Dunnes Stores
- Familiarity with the Liquid templating language
- Experience using CSS preprocessors (e.g.: SCSS, LESS) and/or build tools (e.g.: Grunt, Gulp)
- Have a working knowledge of jQuery (i.e.: do you understand what $(“.hello”).text("text”); does?)
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git or SVN
- Detail oriented, open and ongoing communication
- Thrives in an operationally autonomous environment
- Takes ownership over problems and collaborates on solutions
Working at Shopify is unique, and we’d like our application process to reflect that! If you want to be the next Shopify Theme Specialist, please attach a detailed cover letter outlining why you think you’d have a positive impact on our team and providing links to any technical or design portfolios you may have. In your letter, please also indicate which region you’re applying from.
In addition, please complete one of the following skill testing tasks:
Create a Shopify development store and install one of our free themes. Modify that free theme to do something the theme doesn’t normally do. Explain why a merchant may want that modification, how it would help them grow their business, and how you approached making the changes in the code files.
Create a one-page, responsive website that sells yourself and your skills to Shopify. This is a free-form opportunity to show off your technical skills in whatever way you choose, so make sure to include examples of your HTML/CSS/jQuery abilities and your eye for contemporary design trends.
Location: Republic of Ireland - Remote
Closing Date: Friday, January 28th at 5pm GMT
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click
to report dead link!