Technical Support Specialist
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We’re revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, and T-Mobile to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we’re just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London.
A Technical Support Specialist will provide, via phone and/or remote-desktop, technical problem solving and claim resolution to customers by performing a diagnosis of issue while guiding customers through the claim filing process that gives them a resolution. Support and resolutions include, but are not limited to basic device support, assisting with claim filing, verifying proper hardware and software set up, power cycle devices, troubleshooting account issues, connectivity issues, providing adequate resolution or escalating issues to further tiers or manufacturers. The focus of this specialized, technically-oriented position is on meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems, technologies and guidelines while bringing Squaretrades core values to life of Customer obsession and making an Impact on every call.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Deliver a differentiated customer experience as measured by performance objectives and the core values of SquareTrade
- Assist customers with the claim filing process, including approving and denying claims, via inbound/outbound
- Convey interest in each customer through courtesy, active listening, and a friendly and caring voice image
- Diagnose for a successful troubleshot or resolution on customers products over the phone
- Use your expertise to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms to provide troubleshooting help to our customers, which will result in talking them through a series of actions until their issue is either resolved or diagnosed.
- Use your Knowledge Base to research similar product symptoms to find a resolution, as well as contribute useful content as discovered.
- Advise customers on how to use their products and the various functions or features on products
- Follow standard processes and procedures.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Must be able to overcome objections and handle customer push back
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience required; previous call center experience strongly preferred
- Bilingual fluency in both English and Spanish preferred but not required
- Previous computer support or help desk experience highly desirable
- Strong transcription, critical thinking & web navigation skills while providing quality phone support
- Qualified candidates will exhibit strong communication skills for remote support using connectivity tools as well as voice, chat, and email support
- Must have a strong working knowledge of software and operating systems and can provide general usage instructions to customers
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to perform the following over a period of up to 10 hours:
- Speak with and interact with customers over the phone
- Type on a keyboard and use a computer mouse
- Maintain a sedentary role at a desk
- Visual acuity and can utilize a computer monitor with multiple windows
- Desire to learn!
- A nationally recognized certification or degree in the technology field such as CompTia/A+, Microsoft, etc.
- Sales background preferred
- 1+ years call center experience preferred
- 1+ years of Troubleshooting/Technical Support with Consumer Electronics preferred
Home office requirements
- High Speed Internet access
- Quiet and private workspace
- Dedicated Landline line – No VOIP
- Individuals currently using VOIP (e.g. Bright house, Vonage, Magic Jack) as a service provider cannot be considered due to system incompatibility
Some of the benefits of working @Squaretrade include:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background check, which includes a drug screen.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈