Technical Support Specialist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Customer Service
What if everyone got on the same page? This is something we ask ourselves every day at Bananatag.
We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we’re here to help companies make meaningful internal communication easy. Because when employees are informed and engaged, they’re happier and they do better work.
Bananatag is an employee communication platform that allows users to save time by managing their email, Slack and MS Teams messages from a single tool. Our industry-leading email designer helps teams to collaborate in real-time on branded, engaging content, then explore analytics to understand the impact their messages are having.
Check out some of Bananatag's blogs to learn more:
Are you our next Technical Support Representative? We’re looking for someone to have roughly 2-3 years of industry experience to join our amazing Technical Support team. This is a unique opportunity to join a really sweet tech company, you can scope us out on Instagram, Glassdoor, and Indeed. We aren’t perfect, but we’re proud of who we are!
For this role, we are looking for someone who is proud of their ability to connect with a wide range of people and loves working with customers of all skill levels and personality types. Someone who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty troubleshooting our customer’s technical issues while helping with their questions and requests. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills (brag to us about how you dealt with a disgruntled customer!), a naturally curious approach to solving problems, a clear, personable, and empathetic communication style and a high level of comfort translating technical or difficult concepts into user-friendly explanations for our customers over phone and email.
This is a shift-based position with a required availability of 6 am - 2 pm PST / 9 am - 5 pm EST.
Bananatag has a positive, diverse, and evolving culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking, and, above all, impactful. If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
- Providing top-notch, customer-obsessed, after-sales technical support to solve routine and non-complex product problems
- Using creative problem solving, good judgment, and improvisation to work through situations with ambiguous or limited information.
- Maintaining contact with customers during the resolution process - you’re on top of communications and never leave your customer hanging.
- Solving problems - whether it’s a customer or a fellow team member you’re happiest when you’re finding solutions.
- Taking initiative to make things better for our team and our customers, but you also know how to work as a team within standard practices and procedures
- Contributing to our Help Center by checking for quality, suggesting content we should add, and coaching our users on how to use our self-serve resources
- 2-3 years of customer support experience
- A skilled writer, able to write in a professional tone with little to no grammatical or spelling errors
- A strong verbal communicator, able to express yourself in a clear, concise, and empathetic manner, even in a remote environment
- Self-driven and willing to take initiative to grow your skills
- Nice to have:
- Have experience working with web-based/SaaS applications
- Hands-on experience working with a ticketing platform such as ZenDesk or Salesforce
- Understanding of software: operating systems, mail clients, end-user programs/settings, and the flow of data through a network
- CSS/HTML experience
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision) from day one
- A progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Babylon (owned by Telus) Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians
- Group Registered Savings Plan program (RRSP)
- 4 weeks of vacation for everyone
- We are a ‘remote-first’ workplace now but have nice offices in Kelowna & Vancouver if that's your thing or even something in between, but require you to be eligible to work in Canada
- We invest in professional development for you lifelong learners.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here
- We’re serious about diversity, inclusion and representation. We’ve created a task force to make sure that we’re not just talking the talk, but also walking the walk. Our stance is below
- We surprise and delight our employees from time-to-time, you’ll just have to trust us. ;)
Did you know there are over 1000 different kinds of bananas out there? Each one brings something unique to the table, just like our people. We love that we’re all different; however, we have to admit that not all have been treated equally in the past. Bananatag promises that however you identify you will always have equal access and opportunity to succeed.
We believe in gender pay parity. We’ve taken a public pledge and worked to eradicate gender pay gaps (and gaps in other areas of diversity). We’re committed to bi-annual reviews and making corrections if we fall off track. Our aim is always a $1 to $1 ratio among all Bananas.
We’re certain that at Bananatag you’ll be able to have an impact and create an inspiring career.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈