Technical Support Specialist
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
5 billion people, two-thirds of the world’s population, do not have access to safe and affordable surgical care. As a result, millions go untreated every year, causing unnecessary suffering, permanent debilitation, or death. The causes are a shortage of surgeons, varying quality of care, rising costs of training surgeons, lack of funding and lack of accessibility to quality surgery. Digital Surgery is on a mission to change surgical care for the better.
With our award-winning Touch Surgery mobile application and web platform, it is now the dawn of Digital Surgery. Digital Surgery has created a digital data-driven ecosystem that uses the latest cutting-edge technologies like AI, augmented reality and computer vision to modernize surgical training, orchestrate surgical teams in the OR and deliver safer surgery around the world.
The Technical Support Specialist within Digital Surgery’s team is responsible for providing remote and on-site engineering support to our custom computing video-based devices and surgical robotics systems, installed at customer sites while driving customer satisfaction through exemplary customer service and effective communication. They will be part of the team delivering novel concepts and products for the operating room and collaborates, as a customer-facing engineer, with a cross-functional engineering team including product, mechanical, design, electronics, software, and research experts.
- Assist in the deployment and maintenance of Digital Surgery’s Touch Surgery Enterprise surgical video platform.
- Maintain a deep understanding of surgical video systems, providing guidance on connectivity for surgical video recording.
- Remotely evaluate photographs and occasionally travel onsite to perform pre-scoping verifications and prepare sites for successful system installations.
- Remotely dispatch field technicians and occasionally personally travel to sites in order to provide efficient repair, maintenance and installation support to all accounts within various global regions.
- Assist in the coordination of initial system delivery and deployment, as well as equipment swaps when repairs are necessary
- Analyze and evaluate product usage and performance at live customer sites
- Timely issue resolution and troubleshooting in support of customer happiness, both via phone calls, emails, and through localized field support.
- Support future product integrations by performing upgrades and/or configuration updates to existing and future computing capital equipment.
- Lead and participate in product technical repair and clinical use training with domestic, international and 3rd party staff members.
- Liaison between Product Support and R&D Engineering as needed to identify and implement customer solutions.
- Interface and build relationships with sales personnel to provide a unified voice to the customer, while representing the service organizations policies, needs and strategies.
- Demonstrated technician, field service or customer support experience.
- Experience resolving software issues and communicating effectively with customers
- Strong knowledge of video and image technologies
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and resolve conflict swiftly
- Ability to manage in a remote self-structured environment
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Responsive problem solver and action-oriented in resolving customer issues and meeting customer requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in medical devices or other regulated business.
- Experience with surgical protocols and medical terminology.
- Ability to perform in a high-stress clinical environment
- Ability to read and understand schematics and engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMP) and applicable Quality System Standards, such as ISO 13485 and their relevant FDA equivalents.
We’re in a really lucky position to operate like a small team, with all of the benefits of a big company. Following our acquisition by Medtronic in February 2020, our benefits have had an impressive face lift. Our benefit package aims to help support your health, build wealth, grow in your career and share in the success of Digital Surgery and Medtronic. We are in the healthcare business and so in order to look after our people we provide:
- Private healthcare via AXA PPP - £100 excess
- 30 days’ holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme (we double your personal contribution of up to 6%, by contributing 12%)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual meal allowance
- Life insurance (4 x annual salary*)
- Group Income Protection (67% of insured salary payable until pensionable age)
- Personal Accident Cover ( 3 x annual salary)
- Maternity - 20 weeks’ full pay + 15% returner’s bonus
- Paternity - 2 weeks’ full pay
- Employee Assistance Programme (support line for counselling, legal or financial advice)
Not to mention all of the other bells and whistles such as free daily breakfast, employee recognition programs, cash for referring a friend and a whole host of other wellness benefits.
As part of being Family Friendly, we encourage flexible working so you choose when you start and finish. Slack is one of our collaboration tools to help share information on what our teams are doing. You could even join the #coffee_buddies Slack channel to be matched up with someone for a face to face coffee.
Part of the Medtronic family we benefit from a small company feel, within the world's leading medical device company. We have 130 people globally, with teams across the UK, US and Canada. The majority are based in our London HQ in Old Street. The company is made up of several teams covering Engineering, Product, Studio, Innovation, Marketing, HR, Operations, Finance and Sales. We care about our employees’ career and development, offering training internally as well as external courses and attending global conferences. We believe that helping you grow will help our company grow too.
We have our Family Meeting on Friday afternoons with beer, wine and cold drinks - it’s a great chance to meet new joiners, share success stories and hear what’s been going on in the company that week.
We have a really open plan office, think New York loft style with break out areas, sofas as well as more formal meeting rooms when you need some privacy. Open kitchen full of healthy snacks, naughty biscuits, tea, Nespresso coffee machines - we also provide breakfast every day for everyone. Ooh, and dogs. Bring your dog to work if you want. One of our Co-Founders has 2 dogs, (named after batman characters) but they’re not on payroll !
- All for One
- Candid but Kind
- Deliver Extraordinary Things
Come help us to build a company that makes a difference, that changes lives, that saves lives.
During this global crisis we have erred on the side of caution in our handlings. We closed the office 3 weeks before the lockdown in order to protect our employees. As flexible working has always been on the table, our preexisting IT infrastructure has allowed us to seamlessly transition to life in lockdown across the wider organisation. Despite the global crisis we continue to grow, and are interviewing and onboarding candidates remotely - so please do APPLY to express your interest in our vacancies!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈