Who we are
tldr; We build software for Airbnbs to rent themselves.
What we do
Our mission is to democratise access to state of the art technology for short-term rental hosts. We want to facilitate a future where hosting short-term rentals is at least as easy as managing long-term rentals.
Today, we do this by helping Airbnb and HomeAway hosts deliver a great and personal guest experience automatically, though native platform integrations, machine-learning and robust software.
We are a small, but impactful team of 15 people, working all over Europe and North America. Our team is fully remote and distributed. We embrace the fact that your best environment is wherever you - personally - feel the most productive and comfortable for day-to-day work.
We organize frequent meetups and retreats for the team to physically meet throughout the year. The last trips were to Lisbon, Prague, Paris, Tenerife and Brussels.
Our company is bootstrapped (no third-party investor) and profitable, with a solo founder (@Pierre-Camille Hamana) who built the first version of the product. We are interested in building a great, growing and sound business. We help our customers manage more than 130,000 properties in 120 countries.
How we recruit
Amongst our core values are transparency and humility. To help you find out more about Smartbnb, we are releasing an "Applicant Handbook" (on Notion ❤️):
What stage are we at in customer support
- Mid 2018: We started offering customer support across both European and North America.
- Mid 2019: We completed a full redesign of the web application, with a built-in onboarding magic 🧙♀️
- Now: We are starting to implement account management and onboarding services.
- We are preparing to dedicate more resources on customer education while focusing on having a proactive customer success approach.
We are ambitious and take on big challenges together. 🚀 Our customers love the product, provide valuable feedback, and trust us to rapidly help them solve their problems.
Who you are
You are a fantastic human seeking to build something amazing with other fantastic humans!
What you will be working on
- Onboard customers on our product throughout the entire user cycle with live chat and email.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues (with the support of the engineering team and our tooling).
- Create content to educate customers (product tours, videos, documentation, FAQ).
- Document our internal processes to maintain a high-quality operation in spite of a fast iteration.
- Create and manage projects focused on activation, retention, upgrades, and customer satisfaction.
What you will unlock
- Growth! And leading business initiatives to achieve it.
- Fantastic user reviews when we give them more of their life back.
- Team kudos. 🎉
Why you will succeed
- You will be on the front-line with customers and keep close ties with the product team.
- You can accommodate with a flat organizational structure where the initiative relies a lot on you.
How we will grow together
- Level-up 🍄 the support of our customers through daily, compounding improvements.
- Exposure to a product-fanatical team's iterations of features and the company itself.
- You will receive (and provide!) "ticket" reviews between peers
- You will be challenged, and you learn how to rise to the occasion. 💪
What you'll need to bring with you
If you're hesitant to apply for this position because you feel that you don't meet this list of qualifications fully, don't worry! We want to hear from you.
- Caring about the impact your work has on your team and the company.
- Hands-on experience working in B2B Saas.
- Attention to detail and eagerness for constant improvement.
- Everything else is a lovely bonus that we're excited to hear about!
- Very special kudos if you are an Airbnb host or have been working with a short-term rentals business.
What we offer
For us, the company itself is also a product, one that we iterate on. We're always improving and creating an environment where we all love to work.
- 🤗 A supportive and caring team environment.
- 💎 Competitive salary.
- 🏖 Ample - and encouraged - paid leave.
- 👼 Maternity and paternity leave.
- 🔩 All the resources and tools that you need to succeed, including budget for personal development.