Technical Support Operations Manager
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Customer Service
Read about how we’re supporting #TeamThinkific during COVID-19 and how we’ve transitioned to working remotely.
Are you looking for your next opportunity to grow and develop an incredible team? Are you excited by the complexity of technical troubleshooting and the collaboration required to solve issues? You know that the success of any company is tied to both a high quality product and the customer experience–and that’s where you come in. If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities, you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Technical Support Operations Manager, you will be tasked with leading, developing and growing our Technical Support team so that it scales with the needs of the company. In this role you’ll identify, design and implement improved processes and operational policies for the Technical Support team. The Technical Support Team is responsible for triaging all external and internal technical questions, issues and bugs, which are then prioritized, investigated, and solved in collaboration with our Software Engineers. Together you’ll focus on fixing the right things fast and creating positive customer experiences. You’ll also assist with day-to-day operations, including leading standups, resolving blockers, and coaching Technical Champions.
In this role you will:
- Hold the team accountable to meeting their key performance indicators (KPIs) such as Service Level Agreement (SLA) for email response times
- Create and iterate on processes that will enable and empower the team to triage, prioritize investigate, and solve technical questions and issues with high quality and speed
- Partner with our Product Team to ensure smooth and scalable processes are in place so issues get addressed in a timely manner based on priority
- Coach and manage our Technical Support Lead, conducting regular 1-on-1s, leading performance reviews, and supporting their career growth and development
- Handle customer escalations with tact, leaving the customer with trust in Thinkific
- Collaborate with other internal teams to figure out the best way to support their technical needs plus train them on how to report issues
- Determine the best communication procedure for translating the current open issues and bugs to other teams that need to know
- Work with our Sales and Engineering teams on processes that will enable your team to answer security assessments such as Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Champion security and compliance procedures with our in-house Legal Council, Director of Engineering and VP of Sales
- Create and own Objective and Key Results (OKRs) and projects for the Technical Support Team (such as training, tool roll-out, process planning and execution etc.)
- Communicate Technical Support OKRs to the team, offering regular progress updates, and inspiring your team to exceed their goals
- Evaluate company needs and scale the Technical Support team as needed - this includes referring talent, reviewing candidates, and conducting Topgrading interviews
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have at least 3+ years leading technical support functions, specifically, in building or scaling a technical support team
- Have a career foundation in online customer support with a strong focus on technical investigation and resolution
- You have a thorough understanding of technical troubleshooting including how to read console logs and database logs plus conduct cross-browser testing
- You have an insanely keen eye for detail and love finding every little nuance to an issue
- You love helping people, and you can’t help but go above and beyond to support a customer
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and can write a customer email or pick up the phone expressing yourself well, with clarity
- You are an independent problem solver, and have no trouble figuring out how to solve a complex platform problem even if you don’t know the answer to start
- You perform well under pressure and can handle emergency situations on the fly
- You have a strong work ethic and don’t believe in the 9 to 5
- You love to rally a group around a goal, motivating and inspiring them around their impact
- You believe in servant leadership and radical candor
- You bring new perspectives and like to get creative by finding innovative solutions to tough problems
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Have worked cross-departmentally with Product, Sales and Marketing teams and are comfortable collaborating with others
- Experience working with JIRA
- Have experience driving customer feedback to other teams internally
- Have worked on a support team larger than 50 people
- Have worked primarily in a B2C facing organization
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in a SaaS-based, growing startup
- Have experience working with SQL and writing queries
- Have used Zendesk, Slack, Asana, Google Drive, TextExpander
- Have experience with HTML/CSS
- Have experience with Mode Analytics
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too—we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈