Technical Support Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Customer Service
Birdie is a pioneer in social innovation. Our vision is to build a society in which we all age with confidence. With a rapidly growing ageing population, overcrowded care homes and social care services under water, we’re facing a social crisis. We’re on a mission to reinvent care so that older generations can live longer, healthier and happier in their own homes, surrounded by their families and their communities. We use digital products, cutting-edge home connected devices and AI to empower the care community to deliver better, preventative care
Launched in 2017, Birdie is a team of 65 socially motivated care, health, product and tech entrepreneurs. We were nominated one of the top 10 UK startups to watch, the SME with the best culture in the UK and was in the 2020 Business Cloud Top 50 Start Up's list.
We are building the organisation of the future that will not only improve the lives of millions of older adults but also of our team members, our communities and will protect the environment. We demonstrate our values in everything we do. We care; we succeed together; we grow individually and strive for excellence; we are smart, brave and ambitious; and we nurture fun and a little quirkiness.
Your mission as a Technical Support Engineer is to provide outstanding support to our clients and Caregivers by helping them, and our Customer Support team, resolve complex technical issues.
Acting as our 1st and 2nd line support, you will help troubleshoot our complex issues with a particular focus on resolving issues with our 3rd party integrations. Working closely with our Customer Support team and Engineering team, you will use SQL, Jira, Kibana and other tools to perform root cause analysis on technical bugs and issues. You will verify and escalate bugs to engineers and will be responsible for coordinating progress back to the customer using our Live Chat tool - intercom.
You'll be the voice of our customers internally at Birdie and be the go-to expert on customers' needs. You are responsible for escalating this feedback to the Product, Engineering and Marketing teams in order to improve the Customer Experience.
How you will contribute:
- You will act as 1st line & 2nd line support for care agency managers, providing them with support and advice through various communication channels - focussing on complex technical issues
- You will act as the Customer Support team's technical escalation point - checking event logs using tooling like SQL, Kibana and other internal tooling to debug complex issues
- You will carry out ad hoc configurations / professional services for our 3rd party integrations
- You will be the owner of the internal knowledgebase regarding our 3rd party integrations, building a technical knowledge centre for internal and external support
- A Product Expert. You can answer all product questions and are able to take a proactive approach by creating Articles / Content that will allow users to solve issues themselves
- Significantly improve Birdie users satisfaction thanks to your outstanding and consistent support
- Achieve all Support Related KPI's, Response Times, Satisfaction Ratings, Close Times
- You are consistently perceived as a vibrant ambassador of the Birdie brand, values and products among home care agencies
- This is a new role within a growing support team - you will help shape and maintain processes that future team members can follow
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have brilliant written and verbal English communication skills
- You have over 1 years experience in a Technical Support role within a SaaS company
- You have over 1 years experience working in a Support role in SAAS company that supports technical integrations
- You have an intermediary understanding of SQL
- You have experience using event logging tools like Datadog, Kibana or others
- You have an excellent attention to detail and are a natural problem solver
- You have Experience using Live Chat support systems, ideally Intercom
- You can simplify the most complex topics in a way that anyone can understand
- You're comfortable working independently, but also know when to ask for advice or support from others.
- You are passionately committed to going above and beyond for your customers, pulling in whatever resources you need to deliver the best experience for them
- You are comfortable with a start-up environment, fast-moving projects and agile approaches and able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- You are independent and self motivated with a hunger to learn and develop - career progression in Customer Success or Software development are both potential career paths for this role
- You are excited by the opportunity to work in social care disrupter and change the way we age
These are our ideal requirements, but we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Birdie, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
🙌 People are our core strength.
We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team's happiness, wellbeing and growth:
Competitive salary between £28 - £33k - dependent on skills and experience; we provide discretionary share options
With Covid-19, we have decided to be a fully distributed team with Birdees working across the globe. As long as you're +-3h from GMT, you can work from anywhere you want. We organise quarterly in-person events and online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers. If you want to come to the office, you're most welcome of course!
🌱 L&D budget
Growth is key. You'll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts
🌴 Base holiday
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays) + Christmas eve day off
👩⚕️ Private health insurance
Private health insurance with Vitality that covers many physical and mental health costs
☀️ Gym and wellbeing memberships
Gym membership and numerous other wellbeing perks and discounts via Vitality
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
Birdie will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
👼🏽 Parental Leave
Highly favourable parental leave policy for any new parent (we believe we must address the gender gap pay by fostering equal parental leave policies regardless of gender)
👵🏻 Pension employer contribution
Birdie contributes to your pension
⛷ Frequent company socials, trips and meals
We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips)
🤗 Exceptional culture
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation: caring, responsible yet fostering excellence. Read The Birdie Way to learn more.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈