Technical Support Engineer
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Customer Service
- Take ownership of issues reported by customers and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Crave knowledge and continue to hone and improve your own technical and non-technical skills.
- The ideal Kinsta Support Engineer is technically knowledgeable, upbeat, professional, curious, and self-motivated.
- Excellent support is one of the cornerstones of our business, and we have the best support team in the business. Our clients have come to expect industry-leading support and it's our pleasure to deliver that to them. As a result, we're extremely careful about adding new Support Engineers to our team.
- We hire Support Engineers with a variety of different backgrounds and expertise - some of us are Linux systems administrators, others have previously worked as WordPress developers, while others are technically-knowledgeable internet generalists who have mastered the art of customer service. The underlying shared background amongst us all is our passion for serving our customers.
- Completely fluent in English with excellent written communication skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment interacting with multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining a professional and friendly tone.
- A strong understanding of and experience with the following technologies: Linux, NGINX, MySQL/MariaDB, PHP, DNS, CDN, and caching (object and page).
- Familiar with WordPress: database structure, file/directory structure, wp-config.php directives, and other common WordPress topics. Experience with WP-CLI preferred.
- Consummate professionalism: we're a distributed team and we expect you to act like the professional we know you are. That means being a member of the Kinsta team requires excellent communication, rock-solid reliability, and the drive to bring your best effort to bear on your work every single day.
- Completely fluent in a second language. Languages we're currently targeting include: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish. If you are fluent in one of these languages or one not listed, please highlight this information when you apply!
- Prior experience working with customers over live chat in a technical role in a fast-paced environment - particularly experience providing live support for web hosting built on a LEMP stack
- This is a fully remote role. Our Support Engineers can work from anywhere with reliable broadband internet access and electrical infrastructure
- Fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team
- In order to ensure that everyone has time to rest and recharge, we offer Flexible paid time off
- This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate
- We always use the latest version of everything: PHP 7.4, NGINX, Ubuntu 20.04, Linux containers, Google Cloud and more, so you’ll be able to work with a bunch of exciting technologies and use them every day!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈