Technical Support Analyst
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Customer Service
Location: Charlottetown, PEI or Remote in Canada
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Type: Full Time or Contract
Travel: 1 week per quarter* (every 3 months) to the client site in the U.S.
*travel is currently on-hold due to Covid-19 restrictions but will resume once restrictions are lifted
As a Binary Star consultant you will join one of our client teams as a Technical Support Analyst. In this role you will monitor the health and performance of environments in the development lifecycle as well as address issues that arise from custom software deployed in these environments. You'll work proactively to catch and address issues as well as identify areas for improvement and help implement those changes. You will work with individuals in various roles and across different teams to help debug, assess impact, and address issues in these environments and software.
This role would be a great fit for someone with extensive background in support operations and a proven track record showcasing the ability to think logically and has knowledge in complex problem troubleshooting. As this is a team environment, the successful candidate will also have the ability to work well as part of a team but can be productive with minimal day-to-day oversight. This role comes with high visibility within the organization, the candidate's patience and ability to work calmly in demanding situations is a strong asset for this position.
- Able to communicate technical issues and status clearly in technical and business terms.
- Able to determine and communicate the impact and severity of an issue on internal teams and/or customers.
- Able to translate a technical requirement to a non-technical stakeholder.
- Experience with Agile boards and bug tracking tools e.g. JIRA, Kanban is a plus.
- Experience with understanding business and technical process flow is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools e.g. Splunk, AppDynamics is a plus.
- Experience with SOAP/REST API testing and tools e.g. ReadyAPI, Postman is a plus.
- Experience working with markup languages (e.g. XML, HTML) and objects (e.g. JSON).
- Strong customer service ethos and ability to quickly establish good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills; verbally and in detailed technical writing.
- Identify patterns and trends in technical environment stability and take action/make recommendations for improvement.
- Create, reproduce, and analyze web-service requests and responses (json parsing).
- Able to perform root cause analysis.
- DevOps/Developer background is a strong plus.
- Experience supporting a React, AWS tech stack is a plus.
- Experience working with FinTech is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Field Incoming Help/Mailbox Requests.
- Respond to user inquiries, create tickets and triage as needed.
- Recreate scenarios in testing as per issues flagged by users.
- Categorize issues and re-direct to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Manage the flow of incoming support requests and escalate issues to other specialists/developers.
- Customer communication of ticket status/updates as needed.
- 10-20% of time will be allocated to monitoring environment health.
- Support process definition and documentation.
- Experience with technical documentation e.g. Functional Requirements, BRD is a plus.
- Maintain records of user issues and use these notes to diagnose and repair complex problems.
- Partner with IT or other supporting groups (internally and externally) to ensure quick resolution to issues.
- Review issues to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain documentation (e.g. Confluence wiki pages) up-to-date.
- Create, edit, and distribute documents as needed e.g. FAQs, common errors.
- Escalate complex issues or problems outside of their field of expertise to specialists/developers/cross-functional teams (e.g. Help Desk) as needed.
- Active participant during active issues.
- Confirming environment function and resolving issues.
- Coordinate individuals toward resolutions.
- Recreate issues and validate resolutions.
Perform System Testing
- Using basic testing methodologies as per Client's standards/practices.
- Conduct periodic tests on system updates deployed by development team.
Along with your resume, please include references to any open-source contributions you've made or example code from side projects. Please include links to Github, LinkedIn, Stackoverflow, etc…
Benefits for Full-Time Hires:
- 100% paid company paid Health and Dental plan
- 100% paid company paid Life Insurance and Illness Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Week-long paid shutdown to celebrate the end of the year
- Matching Group RRSP
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Work from home setup provided (airpods, desk, etc.)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Equal opportunity employer
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈