About the Team
Our team of dynamic and experienced Customer Success professionals work cross-functionally within our organization to meet our top priorities: championing our customers and ensuring their success. We have a unique role that provides visibility and engagement across most teams including sales, professional services, training, engineering, product, etc. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds across many industries and products, which we celebrate and leverage, and you can expect to learn a lot from working closely with everyone.
We are searching for curious, innovative, senior Technical Success professionals that are motivated by solving complex problems with cutting-edge solutions. The ideal candidate is a positive self-starter with extensive customer-facing experience and a wide range of technical expertise.
About the Role
As our first Technical Account Director, you will set the tone and define what success looks like in this role and be the primary technical point of contact for one or more customers helping to plan, debug, and oversee ongoing operations of business critical applications.
In this role, you will shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Lucidworks products and services within large enterprise US organizations and act as the voice of the customer within Lucidworks to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business mission critical needs for our customers.
You will work hand-in-hand with senior executives on opportunities to improve your customers’ search landscape by driving discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. In addition to business-critical strategic initiatives you will get your hands dirty troubleshooting application, network, database, and architectural challenges using your existing knowledge and toolkits.
You are a highly motivated and adaptable individual who champions customers and advocates for them within your organization. You are collaborative and enjoy working across teams including Product, Engineering, Professionals Services and Sales teams to continuously provide customers with robust solutions to their most critical business challenges and objectives.
- Define and build a high performing Technical Success team
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives to understand mission needs
- Assist in Design/Architecture of Lucidworks onprem and cloud solutions
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment onprem and in the cloud
- Work directly with Lucidworks engineers, professional services, customer success, and technical support to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- 8+ years customer facing experience in a consultative role for enterprise distributed applications, cloud service, or similar, ideally as a technical lead
- 3+ years of technical engineering experience
- 3+ years experience managing a team in Customer Success or in a similar field
- Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for at least one of the following: Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, Big Data and Analytics, Security
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline required, or 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Experience creating whitepapers and other written deliverables
- Experience presenting to both large and small audiences of various technical levels and expertise
Please note that at this time Lucidworks is unable to sponsor employment authorization (both new and transfer).
Lucidworks is leading digital transformation by fusing the power of search and artificial intelligence to create connected experiences for work, shopping, research and support.
Fusion is our cloud-native ML-powered search platform that integrates open-source projects Spark and Solr with our proprietary code for query intent prediction, low latency search, hyper-personalization and smart app creation. Our products include applications that run on the Fusion platform including Predictive Merchandiser, which helps ecommerce teams harness the power of ML to improve ecommerce conversion and Smart Answers, which enhances chatbots and virtual assistants with natural language processing and deep learning. We believe in building a team to deliver these products that make searching for insights a uniquely personal experience for a worldwide community of users.
Our roots are in Apache Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies. Our team includes contributors and committers to Solr as well as some of the world's foremost machine learning innovators. We are trusted by the world's largest brands to deliver personalized digital experiences across many industries, including: insurance, banking, capital markets, manufacturing, media, oil & gas, retail, software, and telecommunications. Those customers include companies like: Aetna, Morgan Stanley, Reddit, Red Hat, Uber, Verizon, and Wells Fargo. We also serve government agencies in the civilian, defense and intelligence sectors, including the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Census Bureau.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across a full range of backgrounds, orientation, origin, and identity in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.