Technical Customer Support Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Korea
Category: Customer Service
Univa is currently seeking a Technical Customer Support Engineer for the Asia Pacific time zone. In this position you will be the technical representative of our products to end-users. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who will work to ensure the satisfaction of our growing enterprise customer base. The successful applicant is a strong team player that is willing to learn and understand the needs of the customers in time critical situations and go to great lengths to quickly solve their issues.
You will interact with customers to troubleshoot their problems and provide solutions. You will support several Univa products using a wide variety of technologies. Your solutions will be provided to customers in the form of workarounds, defect repairs in the form of hotfixes, patches, maintenance releases (service packs), and new product releases.
- Interact with customers to troubleshoot their problems and provide solutions.
- Explore new or creative solutions to debug situations through deep dives into problems and analyzing logs.
- Simultaneously managing and troubleshooting multiple cases of both straightforward and complex issues.
- Act as the customer’s advocate and represent the customer’s needs to the product team.
- Support enterprise software products to Global 1000 companies.
- Provide timely communication to the customer when driving technical issues towards closure
- Leverage common development and customer service tools such as CRMs, source control repositories (cvs, svn, git), bug tracking tools (JIRA) and Support ticket software (Zendesk or other) to track and manage customer success.
- Provide recommendations on what troubleshooting tests would be valuable and how they can be built.
- Contribute to and maintain customer knowledge base.
- Evaluate and reproduce customer issues at Univa or in a Cloud environment.
- Language skills – Solid in Korean, conversational in English
- Ability to act as a cultural interface between Asian and Western culture
- Excellent EQ (Emotional Intelligence)
- Proven problem solver and an aptitude for continuous learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Takes pro-active approach to accomplish objectives
- Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines activities needed to achieve goals
- Strong global teaming and collaboration capabilities
- Work hours are in Korean Standard Time to support Korean customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a support engineer/developer or system administrator
- Deep hands-on experience of Linux System Administration
- Linux and TCP/IP Networking expertise is a must
- Knowledge of Memory, Kernel, and Filesystem and an understanding of how they work together
- Programming experience in Shell scripting (bourne, bash, other unix shells) and Python. Experience in Perl and C/C++ would be a nice to have.
- Knowledge of distributed systems (Grid Engine or LSF), Symphony, Docker Swarm, Mesos or Kubernetes would be a strong advantage
- Knowledge of Prometheus, Grafana, or Graphql is desirable
- Knowledge of Cloud infrastructure and APIs for Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Univa is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Korea.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈