3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Kuali is hiring a Support Specialist to help customers use our innovative, user-friendly research administration and compliance suite, Kuali Research. This position will be responsible for managing and responding to questions and requests submitted by our customers via tickets in our support portal and postings in our community forum. You will be part of the Kuali Research team, working closely with Customer Success colleagues, who are focused on helping customers get the most value from their investment in our software, and the team members who design and build our products.
Who are we?
Kuali builds software solutions for higher education. We help our customers — colleges & universities — focus on providing a fantastic education to students by decreasing their administrative costs. We work in a competitive space, ripe for innovation, with users ready to be delighted.
As a company, we are guided by our cultural values:
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of
institutions working across state lines for many years. Our employees each work in the
environment where theyʼre happiest, from Massachusetts to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Managing and responding to customer support questions and requests in our support portal or community forums.
- Respond to support tickets within the predefined SLA response times.
- Fully review the questions/needs in a ticket and respond with clear and thorough responses to address all concerns of the customer.
- Take the necessary steps to recreate customer issues in the software and test different paths and scenarios to troubleshoot and remedy requests.
- Have effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills when tackling support issues but know when you need to escalate the issue for additional assistance.
- Manage prioritization of issues to make sure highest customer impact issues are taken care of first and be proactive in seeing these issues through to resolution.
- Often juggling several requests simultaneously in sometimes high volume and short turnaround atmosphere.
- Constantly building your knowledge of the software and research administration domain to become as self sufficient as possible. Be bold and ask questions when you don’t understand something or reach out to pair on areas where you need more experience or assistance.
- Interacting with Product Development, Customer Success colleagues, and potentially other areas of the Company to advocate customer issues and needs.
- Representing and demonstrating Kuali values, brand, and mission
Weʼre looking for a curious, enthusiastic, empathetic team player to help us connect with potential community members, execute on ideas, advocate for the customer, and contribute to a team culture built on trust and mutual respect. We believe the best results are achieved by teams who represent a broad range of ideas and perspectives. We value employees
with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
As a Customer Support Specialist here, you’ll contribute to our goal of delighting the people who use our software. You’ll do this by being responsive to our customers when they have questions about how best to use our software, run into issues they need help with, and documenting our best practices. Your communication skills and ability to build lasting relationships with these clients will ensure they have everything they need to have a great experience using our software. You take what you learn from working with our customers and share that with the entire team in order to improve our product.
- Have a background in customer support (at least 3-5 years).
- Know how to thoroughly test software. Push every button and peer into every corner.
- Can multi-task and tame support tickets with the best of them.
- Have contributed to a culture of meeting or exceeding product SLAs.
- Are passionate about your role in helping customers achieve their missions, and ready to dig in and solve problems.
- Are a thoughtful communicator and skilled collaborator. You listen and ask the right questions to understand a customer’s needs. You can effectively represent your ideas across different functions of your team.
- Youʼre a resourceful, creative, problem solver.
- You know your stuff. You can think your way through complex issues, have a keen eye for details, and talk about it all confidently, accurately, and honestly.
- Youʼre organized, communicative, and accountable—you own your role entirely, while being open to criticism, suggestions, edits, and new ideas.
- You have excellent written & verbal communication and adapt well to virtual meeting tools like video & screen sharing.
- You're self-motivated and persistent and have a thirst for knowledge and growth within the .edu space.
- Youʼre curious and continuously seek knowledge and share your discoveries with others.
- You're resourceful and collaborative in seeking solutions. When you're faced with a problem, you work to solve it with persistence and urgency.
- You look at our company values and think: I want to be in that environment and contribute to it.
- You’re comfortable being part of a fully remote team, and you have a suitable home working environment or alternative.
If you have some of these too we’ll be delighted
- You have experience in research administration and/or research compliance functions at an institution of higher education.
- Working with software engineers to creatively solve problems.
- Help inform product development based on your domain expertise.
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Employee profit sharing
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Space to work on self-driven projects during quarterly “hack weeks”
- Employee resource groups and community events.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work atmosphere
Kuali does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈