3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Mediavine, a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7500 websites in the food, lifestyle, and entertainment space, is searching for a Publisher Support Specialist.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable explaining technical issues in non-technical ways, and someone who is able to provide excellent service throughout stressful situations. Since you will be working with publishers who may be dealing with difficult issues, we expect you to be able to empathize with them and help de-escalate situations. We're a remote team, so experience with remote work is required.
Note: While this job is remote, we work a traditional schedule in order to accommodate our clients. Some weekends are required. There is some flexibility in your schedule but it must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
This position also requires travel for training, along with one annual company retreat per year. (all pending COVID-19-related developments)
As a Publisher Support Specialist at Mediavine, you can expect to:
- Answer a lot of emails via Intercom
- Update a lot of spreadsheets, where every cell matters.
- Be available via Slack during work hours
- Answer the occasional phone call
- Process applications from publisher sites
- Track progress and identify issues
- Be a Mediavine cheerleader!
- Work with your team to ensure all of the daily tasks are getting done
- Travel occasionally to events
- Great time-management skills. You get stuff done without a ton of oversight or direction.
- Solid communication skills
- Strong work-ethic. You love what you do, and want to do it well.
- You care, genuinely, about people and it shows in the way you treat your customers.
- Customer Support experience
- The ability to learn quickly, and on-the-fly. Mistakes are okay, but you have to learn from them.
- A willingness to ask questions, repeatedly, until you understand the answer.
- A love of puzzle solving. Some of the issues we get take some digging to get to the answer. You are persistent.
- The ability to collaborate well. We work together remotely, and need to keep in touch when co-working on projects.
- Attention to detail. Everything matters. You like to take your time and do things right the first time.
- You can translate technical explanations into laymen’s terms, and provide step-by-step directions that are easy to follow.
- Prior remote experience
Bonus points for
- Technical support experience
- A blog, that you publish on regularly
- Experience working with bloggers in a related field
- Excellent GIF skills
- Work from home! In your pajamas!
- Company provided Macbook Pro
- Exciting, fast-paced environment
- Co-workers who LOVE their jobs. For real. And really enjoy working with each other too.
- Travel to exotic locations like Austin, Texas! Or Florida! Or other locations TBD. You never know where you might end up.
- Health insurance, 401k.
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Awesome side benefits such as home-office upgrades, a tuition reimbursement program, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, birthday gift cards, free cool swag and more!
- Salary starts at 40k
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈