Sr. Customer Support Specialist
Burning Glass Technologies
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading labor market analytics provider whose SaaS solutions play a growing role in closing the skills gap and informing educational needs for the workforce. We provide researchers, policy makers, educators, and employers with detailed real-time awareness into labor-market demand. Burning Glass proudly serves a client base that spans six continents, including education institutions, government workforce agencies, academic research centers, global recruitment and staffing agencies, major employers, and leading job boards.
About the Position
***PLEASE NOTE: BURNING GLASS IS HEADQUARTERED IN BOSTON, MA. THIS POSITION IS ALSO OPEN TO A REMOTE EMPLOYEE ***
The full-time Senior Customer Support Specialist position, is responsible for building relationships with our customers, helping them use the Burning Glass software, and assisting them with challenges they may encounter. This includes answering technical questions, solving tickets, dealing with complaints, and further developing our knowledge base. You should strive to provide excellent customer service through email, chat, phone and social media. Your work should result in client satisfaction, retention and growth.
- Learn new technologies quickly and ability to understand complex use cases and problems
- Assist both technical and non-technical clients in troubleshooting questions through chat, phone, online meetings, social media, and in some cases in-person
- Work with technical support team to ensure that urgent client issues meet our SLA targets
- Communicate issue resolution or escalation details to clients
- Create and maintain Help materials for our knowledge base and ensure they are accessible to our clients
- Utilize the CRM to document and track assigned issues
- Influence and optimize support team metrics reporting and processes
- Proactively communicate new ideas for improvement
- Act as a mentor within the team
- At least 4 years of experience of technical support and customer service in an information technology environment (or like-minded roles)
- Experience with CRM tools (Ex: Salesforce, Jira)
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent customer service skills: the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
- Experience working with Knowledge Base and Live Chat software is a plus
- Experience working with SaaS products is a plus
Burning Glass Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We're committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Burning Glass are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈