(Senior) Systems Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Avatier is the Identity Management company of the future with innovative solutions for today. Avatier develops a “state of the art” identity management platform enabling organizations to scale faster, innovate quicker, conquer and embrace change, to dominate their competition worldwide. Our Identity solutions are delivered using the latest Docker container technology providing maximum flexibility, scale, and security to our customers. Avatier is the only company providing solutions that adapt to the needs of the business user delivering a unified framework for business processes across operations.
In this role, you will be tasked with providing hands-on implementation and deployment services to our customers. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and hands-on leader who can rapidly learn the Avatier platform, our technology and the value proposition that we bring to customers of all sizes. You will lead multiple concurrent customer deployment projects with the number one goal to ensure long-term customer success. Additionally, you will engage with the full Customer Success team in order to assure a smooth transition post-deployment to the support/maintenance phases. Finally, you will also responsible for the continuous improvement of delivery processes and methods.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work hands on with Avatier customers, primarily in a post-sales role, to provide innovative consulting services.
- Gather, analyse, and document post-sales requirements.
- Communicate to customers and partners at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation.
- Be dedicated in providing excellent design and deployment solutions resulting in extraordinary customer satisfaction.
- Be prompt and deliver high quality service and leadership to align with customer goals and requests.
- Manage project scope, schedule, status, and documentation.
- Mentor and train customers on the service.
- Act as a liaison between Customers and Product Management to drive product development.
- Lead interaction and collaboration with other Avatier teams such as Engineering and Support as needed to address escalated issues.
- Interact with management and other roles within the customer organization and Avatier.
- Collaborate with the sales team on existing customers up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Perform hands on technical design, configuration, and troubleshooting of the Avatier service.
- Shape and Influence Avatier’s growth and scalability, by designing new offerings, and finding new ways to deliver amazing customer satisfaction
- Manage multiple concurrent deployment projects.
- May provide mentoring, guidance, and expertise to less experienced team members.
- Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time tracking).
- Commit to and use a knowledge repository for deployment standard methodologies and other customer ideas as continuous improvement
- Develop streamlined approaches for converting current methods to automated processes.
- Maintain and configure systems to accommodate new methodologies.
- Create and maintain up-to-date product documentation in MediaWiki and other formats.
- Serve as a technical advisor to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Two years of relevant experience with identity management software.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, CIS, MIS, Information Technology, or a related field and/or CISSP/CISA Certification preferred.
- Ability to develop custom applications, point solutions and administer server applications.
- Experience with LDAP, OpenID, OAuth, Microsoft Active Directory.
- Background in writing SQL for MS SQL Server, Oracle and Teradata. The SQL’s will be basic to medium in complexity but an understanding of SQL databases is essential.
- Experience with RESTful services.
- Experience with implementing and supporting SaaS applications.
- Experience with Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes and other containerization and orchestration platforms.
- Strong planning, project management and problem solving skills with a passion for owning and driving enterprise-level IT implementations to completion, while complying with defined policies, standards and practices.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to align, coordinate and direct efforts of a distributed team across multiple time zones.
- Professional communication with 3rd party application vendors and companies to assist in API discovery while keeping Avatier project managers updated on communication and requests.
- Independently research and evaluate 3rd party API’s for compatibility to the AIMS system based on specifications provided by senior software engineers.
- Understanding of solutions using web services, windows services, and databases.
What’s in it for You...
- The opportunity to “Bend the Universe” with Avatier!
- A competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Company Paid Holidays, and more…
- We are inspired, challenged and empowered to be and give our best every day, not only because we are each exceptional at what you do, but also because we are surrounded by passionate, brilliant, driven people who are among the best at what they do.
- We benefit from best practices found in some of the world’s largest, most successful companies, yet we live in a dynamic, highly creative and constantly changing environment, typically only found in a start-up.
- We are teammates - key members of a deeply collaborative culture built on mutual respect, innovation and teamwork, and we are encouraged to learn, be creative, invent and share our knowledge - to thrive.
- We are inspired by a visionary management team, all of whom are proven thought leaders and most importantly, are transparent and truly supportive.
- We’re powerful, profitable and growing. We serve a large customer base comprised of enterprise-level companies that rely on us every day to deliver world class IT automation.
If this resonates with you, we want to hear from you.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈