Senior Developer Advocate
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Customer Service
Senior Developer Advocate
Developer Programs and Advocacy | Remote North America
Our Agreement with Employees:
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
The Developer Programs and Advocacy Team is dedicated to making DocuSign a developer-first company. We are the tinkerers, educators, and toolmakers responsible for making sure all developers on the DocuSign API platform have a great experience. We work with our developer community to advocate for developers’ needs and highlight all of our APIs and developer tools including our Developer Center site, demo environment, SDKs, code examples, and more.
Are you an engineer who also enjoys teaching and talking with other developers? You might be a good fit as our Senior Developer Advocate to help grow and engage our developer community worldwide.
As a Senior Developer Advocate, your mission will be to actively engage with developers on the DocuSign platform worldwide through participation in a variety of developer-centric activities and channels. You will bring awareness of DocuSign’s APIs and developer offerings to developer communities and provide best practices and education.
This is a technical role, so a successful candidate will demonstrate the technical expertise and credibility necessary to engage developers. You are someone with technical and software expertise as well as experience working as part of a software development team. This expertise should be shown through a track record of passionate participation in developer communities including contributions to open source projects and various platforms like Stack Overflow. In addition to technical skills, you have excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to work well with non-technical teams within DocuSign.
You will have the opportunity to choose and develop your own projects and tools for our developer community highlighting the wide variety of APIs, products, coding languages, and technologies within the DocuSign platform. You will also create code examples, blog posts, and videos. You will represent DocuSign at developer conferences, on social media, at events, at hackathons, and with the technical press. You will have the opportunity to create and work on open source projects and lead our internal effort to strengthen our open source ecosystem by working with engineering teams and leadership.
As a Senior Developer Advocate, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at DocuSign, advocating internally for the needs of the developer community and working with DocuSign product and engineering teams to ensure we build the right products and solutions for our developers.
This position reports to the Developer Advocacy Director.
• Inspire and educate developers by creating engaging and informative code samples, demos, videos, and blog posts
• Present technical sessions at hackathons, webinars, and conferences
• Track, analyze, and communicate developers’ feedback to internal teams
• Own and drive community engagement across a variety of online developer platforms
• Assist in the creation and maintenance of open-source projects
• Be an expert on the DocuSign API platform and best practices
• Work with teams across the DocuSign platform to create and execute developer community engagement strategies for new APIs and products
• Establish credibility as a subject matter expert at a deep level by engaging with the developer community in meaningful ways.
• Identify new outreach channels in response to industry trends and the ever-changing developer community landscape.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/BSEE or equivalent work experience
• 10 years of some combination of software engineering, solutions engineering/architecture, developer advocacy, or related experience, including at least 5 years of experience as a software engineer specifically
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively worldwide
• Demonstrated online presence through technical blogging, social media, forums, etc.
• Experience in developer outreach and presenting to technical audiences
• Must be based in the United States, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
• Active open source contributor
• Experience creating and streaming video content through Twitch, YouTube or other platforms
• Confidence, creativity, and empathy
• Active on personal coding projects with public GitHub repos
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈