(Senior) Customer Support Representative
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Customer Service
Wagestream is the global leader in Earned Wage Access (EWA). We provide an income streaming solution for employers to give employees instant access to their earnings, and prevent them ever having to go into debt between pay cycles.
We were founded for a social purpose to reduce the poverty premium. We believe the monthly pay cycle is fundamentally broken and unfair to employees, and that we can fix it. We know financial services are better served through the employer, and have built a set of tools [track, stream, save, learn], that boost the financial resilience of a workforce and have a measurable and proven impact on employee retention and productivity.
We love our clients and do everything we can to support them. We already help 350,000 employees access their income when they need it, across some of the largest organisations in the UK including the NHS, Bupa, Holland & Barrett, Stonegate Pubs and Rentokil. In July 2020, Wagestream raised additional funding to expand into new markets in Europe and North America. Our mission is to provide fair financial services to all and our technology has started to create a whole new category; the workplace bank.
About Member Success
The Member Success team is responsible for rolling out the red carpet when employees utilise Wagestream to access their wages; from their first login through their entire end-user experience.
Our team sits in the heart of Wagestream, supporting and maintaining relationships with Wagestream clients and their colleagues. Working together with our Commercial and Engineering teams, we deliver exceptional service for our clients in the pursuit of bringing Wagestream to as many employees as possible. No two days are the same and we like it that way!
You would be joining our completely remote and flexible team of customer support representatives; making connections around the world!
Senior Customer Support Representatives are responsible for:
- Handling advanced technical escalations, reproducing issues, and working with engineering to achieve resolution as required.
- Assisting T1 team members when volume requires all hands on deck or escalated channels have low volume.
- Handling formal complaints from customers and escalating to management appropriately.
- Working with the Client Success and Engineering teams when incidents within the platform occur that require reporting to the Client.
- Working closely with the Member Success team, management, as well as cross-functionally with other departments to ensure we create and deliver effective, efficient, and meaningful support experiences for our customers.
- Communicating effectively and promptly with a variety of customer types: specifically must be able to provide a clear understanding of technical issues/steps to resolve.
- Maintaining a positive and empathetic attitude toward customers at all times.
- Demonstrating keen problem-solving skills, the ability to think on your feet, and taking initiative.
- Analyse ticket data in Intercom to understand top contact drivers, spikes in volume, and trends
- Identifying new and providing feedback on self service articles.
- Other duties as necessary.
*Please note - Member Success work to deliver 24/7 customer support and this role covers our early morning shift*
What experience would we expect you to have?
(But if you’re close… that’s still a conversation we would like to have!)
- have a degree from university in a technical related field.
- previous experience in technical customer support.
- Have used customer service software in previous employment (Intercom, Zendesk, Salesforce, etc.)
- are an effective writer and can clearly communicate with others.
- have an interest in FinTech.
- can maintain focus in a rapidly growing and changing start-up environment.
- razor-sharp time-management skills.
- have exceptional listening skills to be able to understand, empathize and resolve issues.
- are proficient in MS Office (Excel/Word/PP).
- have a positive attitude and enjoy helping/teaching others.
- want to be a part of something great!
- Financial technology or banking experience.
- Fluent in writing in Dutch and/or Spanish
- Be part of the team that changed the way people are paid, forever.
- Join a culture of trust and autonomy
- Have impact in a growing business with big plans
- We're a Remote First business - work from home or our London office - you choose!
- Enjoy 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 day rollover)
- We offer 12 weeks paid maternity leave and up to 4 weeks paternity leave for employees with over 12 months service
- Get financially fit with our Aviva pension plan and free access to Wagestream service - naturally!
- Get physically fit with Evans Cycles Ride to Work scheme
- Undo it all with membership to The Wine Society (UK)
- Achieve zen with a Calm subscription
- Enjoy regular team socials, both remote and in person
- Manage a busy lifestyle with flexible working opportunities
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈