Director of Customer Service, Travel
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
- Design the service journey in long form. See around the corner to create compelling customer service outcomes 12+ months down the line by taking into account Hopper’s growth, product roadmap and top line customer service KPIs.
- Lead customer service product innovation. Uncover new areas of opportunity for self-serve post-ticketing automation and product development improvements using data, writing business cases and narratives to support your findings, executing operational opportunities quickly.
- Participate in product development. Product development starts long before engineering. Ask questions, provide data-backed feedback on ideas, business cases and non-technical documentation at each stage of the process for the teams to negotiate features and requirements that impact customer service at every step in the product development lifecycle.
- Grow revenue and lower costs. Generate revenue through providing services that customers value and solutions that are cost effective.
- Build a culture of performance management. Hold the air ticketing and support teams to high standards through the implementation of agent performance management using customer service SLAs as the north star.
- Maintain cultural alignment. We want autonomy between business units but not to operate separate cultures entirely. So the director of customer service must ensure that there is cultural alignment between the customer-facing teams and others inside the verticals and ultimately between the business unit and the organization at large.
- Facilitate speed and autonomy. Write and develop new standard operating procedures that can be used by the Travel Marketplace business unit and elsewhere inside the organization to further advance our product-development capabilities.
- Act as the coordination layer. Horizontally between verticals within the business unit to ensure that the groups are productive and working towards shared objectives. Also, with the leaders of other business units and especially with the support-led Platform business unit to ensure that company-wide technology outcomes, workforce management, learning, quality and operational best practices are being leveraged for the best possible outcomes for customers.
- Demonstrable experience working in a multi-channel contact centre operational leadership role, specifically in the Online Travel Agency and SaaS space
- Experience scaling customer service to meet ambitious operational goals and targets leveraging technology, process and people. Previous experience managing distributed teams and managing vendors is crucial.
- Extensive knowledge of contact center operations in a holistic and comprehensive way (vendor contracting and management, FTE capacity planning, recruitment, training, routing and performance management)
- Experience establishing clear KPIs and processes for reporting on SLAs and leverage analytics to empower data-driven decisions
- Familiarity with flights/lodgings/hospitality industry
- Figure-it-out, get-it-done attitude
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈