Director of Customer Service
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Since 1990, Tresta has been providing communication services to businesses throughout North America. Today, our service offerings help thousands of entrepreneurs and SMBs run their businesses anywhere on any device, with app-based solutions for business calling, texting, and call management. To learn more about our services, visit tresta.com.
About the Position
Tresta is looking for a smart and enthusiastic new leader to join our team as Director of Customer Service. In this position, you'll report to the VP of Operations and will play a key role in a company that's poised for significant growth. While we're proud of what we've built so far, we've only begun to tap into the true opportunity in our market space, and in 2021 we'll be releasing the final components that will allow us to transition from a mobile calling and texting app that's ideally suited for the solopreneur, to a full service calling, texting and conferencing platform that's well suited for businesses with anywhere from 1 to 1,000 employees – with desktop phones or without, in the office or working from home. At Tresta, we believe that providing fantastic customer service is a fundamental part of our total product offering, and the Director of Customer Service is the person who owns that responsibility in its entirety. If hired for this role, you would be tasked with forming a new team of 7-10 high-caliber customer service professionals and establishing Tresta as the recognized leader for customer service in our industry. This role will be very hands-on as we grow, so we look for someone willing to dive into the detailed work and think and act at a higher strategic level.
We recognize that this is an ambitious goal, and to make it happen, you'd need to be able to:
- Become an expert on our product, customer base, and use cases.
- Develop specific strategies and expectations for phone calls, emails, webchats, social posts/messages, knowledge base articles, and trouble tickets.
- Hire outstanding customer service professionals and oversee all personnel management, including onboarding, professional development, promotions, and terminations.
- Create and maintain robust response matrixes, procedures, and training to ensure consistency and quality across agents and as we scale.
- Define and meet/exceed aggressive success metrics and SLAs for each channel, continuously looking for ways to measure and improve our customers' experiences.
- Design processes and teams that scale while meeting all success metrics on budget.
- Serve as a strong advocate for the customer, always championing the customer's needs internally among team members and collaborating with other departments.
More specific terms, you'll be expected to:
- Manage the team's day-to-day activities in a remote environment to ensure key metrics are being met and make adjustments as needed.
- Create agent schedules, manage PTO requests, forecast staffing needs relative to SLAs, and monitor agent adherence.
- Create agent quality monitoring standards for all channels and continually assess whether they adequately capture desired standards.
- Review and measure interactions from agents across all channels regularly and meet with agents to discuss their performance.
- Understand the reasons for customer interactions and look for ways to reduce their need for support through better self-service options and product enhancements.
- Assist with escalated customer service calls, resolving problems with credits or other accommodations if warranted.
- Manage and configure all third-party software tools and, where appropriate, suggest alternatives that would provide better ROI or better customer/agent experiences.
- Lead sales initiatives and develop processes to track sales leads better and close on opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, hospitality, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in a customer service management role, ideally as part of an organization providing multi-channel support for a SASS offering
- Proven history of creative problem-solving and successful execution of large projects
- Fantastic people skills – must be able to motivate your team, give presentations to large groups and represent our brand to customers and third parties with ease and skill
- Excellent written and oral communications
- A strong data-driven approach to decision making and management
- Competitive salary + bonus structure
- Profit-sharing program
- 401K + match
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Life, disability, and supplemental insurance plans
- Generous PTO allowance
- Freedom to work remotely
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈