Director, Global Customer Support
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: France
Category: Customer Service
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all.
At OpenClassrooms, the Global Operations Team is here to guarantee ROI for our customers: students and employers alike. The Team ensures our students and employers get the best possible experience with us.
We are looking for a unique individual with significant experience in management and automation of customer support activities, along with exceptional business acumen. You will lead customer support across all of our external stakeholders: students, employers, funding institutions, prospects, etc.. You have proven experience in creating innovative, efficient, and sustainable processes in a data-driven fashion while automating in order to provide an exceptional customer experience. You often take initiatives and are constantly on the lookout to learn new things. You are ready to join an agile and fast-moving structure, with the goal to make education accessible to all.
Reports to the VP, Customer Operations
By 2025, we expect to place 1M students per year into the workforce. To achieve this, we aim to provide a world class customer experience for our students. We’re looking for someone to lead customer support for our students, mentors, and customers globally:
- Build, lead, and scale a world-class student support team to manage the journey for all students and customers
- Create an agile environment of continuous process improvement working through iteration
- Select, implement, or leverage multiple SaaS tools and platforms to increase efficiencies (telephone system, ticketing platform, bots, etc.)
- Identify benchmarks and metrics to improve customer support. Your mission is to become a thought leader in customer support. Remember, we want to provide a best in class experience to our students
- Get started on creating our very first Medium Blog
- Collaborate with other departments using quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities to improve the student experience.
- Manage and motivate a team support managers aligned with the the mission and culture of OpenClassrooms
- Also work with our outsourcing partners
- Envision and launch innovative initiatives and tactics to improve the overall experience (response times, resolution times, CSAT, etc.)
- Scale the team balancing the constraints of customer demands and operational efficiencies
- Create, track, analyze and report back on the Customer Support Team’s KPIs in a repeatable fashion for all internal and external stakeholders
- Customer Support: CSAT/NPS, first reply time, full resolution time, inbound calls completion rate, and so on
- Employee satisfaction scores
- Be hands on. Spend some time performing operational tasks such as reviewing and processing support tickets. This will be instrumental in your ability to select key areas of improvement and to prioritize in terms of what gets solved first
- Turn existing time-consuming processes into sustainable and scalable automated tasks whenever possible
- Significantly increase our self-service performance
- Proven track record of exceptional leadership with experience managing global teams (7+ direct reports)
- Highly detail-oriented and capable of wearing multiple hats
- Solid grasp of customer support metrics: you know what to measure and why
- Comfortable selecting, implementing, and using multiple SaaS tools and platforms to increase efficiencies
- Ability to quickly adapt, adjust and learn in a hyper-growth startup environment
- Strategic thinker who brings solutions to virtually any problems or challenges that come up
- Automation mindset: you have a natural tendency to eliminate useless tasks and make business processes simple
- Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Exceptional project management skills
- You know how to make processes and tasks as efficient, accurate, and effective as possible through continuous improvement and iteration to generate incremental or breakthrough improvements
- Excellent English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 level at the very least in both languages)
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at OpenClassrooms, you will not just be here to tell people what to do
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- 2+ years of high-growth startup experience
- This is a global role. We require at least 1 year of international experience
- You’ve already built or largely contributed to the building of a customer support team at a saas company
- 2+ year experience in our tech stack: Slack, Salesforce, Zendesk, Google Suite, Zapier, and more
- Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience in the “professional training” industry (formation professionnelle) in France
The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting with our Hiring Manager.
Then we plan face to face meetings with:
- Linda (VP, Customer Operations) and Pierre (Director, Operational Efficiency)
- and a few other people from teams across the organization
You will be asked to provide us with professional references and contact details.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are : https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here : https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: France.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈