Director, Customer Support
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
Are you a visionary leader that likes to build and develop high performing teams? Are you a tireless customer champion? If so, we want you as the Director, Customer Support, Platform Performance and Escalations at Okta.
The Okta Customer Support Team is focused on making Okta customers, developers and partners successful by advocating on their behalf, resolving technical issues and challenges, and maintaining the high-quality service they expect.
As a leader of the Global Platform Performance Support team reporting to the Vice President of Customer Support, you will grow, develop and motivate a team of technical experts and lead day-to-day operations of the Global Support team. You will work across the Okta product set, working hand in hand with the Customer First, customer support, engineering and product management teams
You will handle escalations, work with our delivery partners and Okta resources, track and facilitate follow the sun case handling and overall customer support day to day operations.
Day-to-day operations include facilitating the resolution of cases, driving high customer satisfaction, spearheading engagement with cross functional teams including the Customer Success managers, development engineering and sales. The ultimate outcomes you will be contributing to are an unparalleled customer experience coupled with excellent efficiency and efficacy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee support excellence for global delivery product platform performance
- Manage and oversee the escalation function at Okta
- Work closely with cross-functional regional teams and partners to drive a great customer experience
- Supervise support personnel in the region, including direct reports that are located remotely, and matrix management
- With vendor management function, work with vendor partners on support delivery execution.
- Deliver excellent partner and customer satisfaction and meet/exceed all operational and satisfaction targets.
- Conduct case reviews to help accelerate closure of support cases and to identify case handling issues; provide feedback to engineers and management, as needed.
- Build a team and deliver against people goals, such as employee growth, retention, and satisfaction.
- Innovate working closely with the engineering team to optimize the case handling process to drive to a proactive based model in detecting and resolving customer issues.
- Ensure team readiness for supporting new products and services.
- Measure, maintain and improve delivery processes to increase efficiency and customer experience.
- Plan staffing requirements and hire skilled team members to meet business goals.
- Provide regular employee coaching and on-going guidance to help employees achieve career development aspirations.
- Analyze data and surface insights from escalations to advocate on behalf of customers, drive decision making to improve products and processes, and drive long term customer and partner loyalty.
- Participate in production incident on-call rotation for customer communications of trust related events.
- Partner with escalations team to drive high priority escalated customer issues to resolution
- 5+ years of experience in technical support managerial capacity.
- Experience working in Support within an SaaS offering.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Master’s degree/MBA is a plus.
- A strategic thinker, able to come up with out of the box solutions, while also having strong operational excellence skills to be able to drive strong execution of the team’s vision and operational metrics.
- Work independently driving improvement initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication skills and be effective at collaborating with a wide variety of individuals.
- Experience in handling highly visible escalations
- Ability to influence others, including those outside of the immediate team.
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist.
- Strong, data driven problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- Ability to proactively identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension and tight deadlines.
- Experience with, or understanding of, large scale software deployments.
- Must be a strong leader with the ability to attract, motivate, retain and develop people.
- Familiarity with the security or identity management industry is a strong plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located.We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈