Customer Support Specialist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
We are looking for new members of our Customer Support team to help our customers be successful improving their security, privacy, and safety using our products. You'll be joining a remote team of dedicated support specialists.
You have experience in customer service and or technical support. You are empathetic and someone who can really understand what our customers need and help them get it. You have very strong communication skills, written and verbal, so you can turn complicated situations into simple ones for our customers. You love helping people achieve their goals.
You enjoy the challenge of problem solving. You can recognize recurring patterns from customer feedback and complaints.
You're a motivated self-starter and you don't need minute direction to do your job effectively. If you have experience or interest in privacy and security products, that's a plus.
The Customer Support Specialist role is a fast-paced and rewarding job that utilizes your problem solving skills and your ability to think on your feet. The best customer support specialists are genuinely delighted to help prospective and pre-existing customers.
Customer service specialists can put themselves in their clients' shoes and advocate for them when necessary. They're confident at troubleshooting and investigate if they don't have enough knowledge to fix the problem.
Customer feedback is priceless, and our support specialists can gather it and organize it for us, effectively.
Answering customer emails
You will spend much of your time answering inbound customer emails. These emails will range from questions about how to use Blur, to pre-sales questions about pricing and purchasing, to bug reports. You'll be expected to answer all questions you receive in a quick and efficient manner, always with an emphasis on helping the customer with their underlying need.
Answering customer phone calls
You'll spend time answering inbound phone calls from prospective customers and pre-existing customers. The issues you'll be dealing with will range from general explanations of product and features, to complicated troubleshooting that requires diligence and patience to resolve.
You'll guide callers through the answering of product Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), purchasing our products, and even general online privacy and data security concerns.
Helping us improve
We will measure your performance both quantitatively and qualitatively. That is, both by how much you get done and how well you get it done. This is so that we can help you do a better job for our customers as you learn and grow. We expect you to do the same for us.
We will want you to translate what you learn by being the closest people to our customers so that we can build better products, deliver better service, and help more and more people improve their online security and protect their privacy over time.
Customers are the lifeblood of our company — without them, our company cannot survive. We must constantly tailor our solutions to fit their needs, and the best way to improve is to listen and implement customer feedback across all facets of the organization.
Successful candidates will have:
- 1-3 years minimum in a software support, technical support or help desk-related role. Experience in a startup or SaaS environment is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple incoming support requests via email, phone and chat.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, especially when explaining complex technical concepts to customers who may not be technically savvy
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot software technical issues, as well as replicate and document for further escalation if necessary.
- Ability to manage and deescalate difficult situations while setting and maintaining customer expectations.
- Experience in collaborating with other teams in a remote work setting.
- Desire to remain and grow with a company for the long-term with opportunities for advancement.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and control time effectively.
- Manage complaints, provide proper solutions and options within the time limits and/or elevate to the appropriate department, follow up to secure resolution.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈