Customer Support Specialist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Customer Service
Customer Support Specialist (Remote)
Come build the best outdoor mapping software in the world, and work with a group of people who spend tons of time outdoors. Your efforts will directly help a community of record-breaking backpackers, world-renowned guides, conservation scientists, wildland firefighters, hunters, offroaders, and more. Find Gaia GPS in the App Store, Google Play Store, and on gaiagps.com.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you'll correspond with Gaia GPS users, and help them in using Gaia GPS for their adventures and work. You'll create technical documentation and marketing materials. And you'll have a critical role in helping to improve the software, by understanding users and providing feedback into the product development process.
- Concise and powerful writer
- Ability to understand and solve obscure problems (poorly phrased questions, novice users)
- Works hard without constant supervision (remote experience a plus)
- Technically minded - affinity for statistics, testing, SEO, coding, and web technologies. Background and/or desire to learn more
- you're an expert at something, and you've developed hard skills (examples: musical instrument, a Master's degree, programming, bodybuilding, video production)
- you have a lot of persistence (example: thru-hiked the Pacific Crest Trail)
- you excelled at a rigorous program (example: salesperson who hit metrics, REI associate top performer)
- you are self-taught in some areas
- vested interest in the outdoors and/or maps
- interest in or experience with programming
- previous experience working remotely
- good memory/recall
- The company is all remote, currently distributed across North America.
- We have the most flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work.
- We offer 4 weeks of vacation, and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. We provide 2 months of paid maternity, 1 month of paid paternity, and additional unpaid leave.
- Non-salary financial benefits include bonuses based on company performance (you'll learn the formula while interviewing), health insurance, and 401K matching.
- We provide the best computers, monitors, tablets, and other home office equipment. We reimburse home internet and mobile phone bills. We comp expenses for any sort of books or other materials for learning.
- We have a retreat every 9 months, alternating with and without families (past ones include Tahoe, Zion, Rocky Mountain NP, camping, backcountry skiing, etc), to hang-out and mingle the remote team.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈