Customer Support Specialist
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Customer Service
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a way that’s personalized and continuous -- using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software. We match each teacher with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest customized teaching strategies, to measure impact on student learning, and to improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 200 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
We are a growing team of teaching practice geeks, educational opportunity devotees, and product development specialists. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a shared passion to transform professional learning for educators at scale and a sense of urgency to achieve this vision on behalf of students. All candidates should have the experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive into our highly dynamic organization headfirst and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and interconnected problems. We offer a unique opportunity to join a small team, have flexible hours, and make a massive impact on our education system.
We are seeking a support specialist to join our product operations team. The product operations team supports cross-team operational systems. As part of our support, we run a service desk for both internal and external users.
The Product Operations Support Specialist is responsible for responding to issues within the service desk during business hours, and maintaining a knowledge base to address common questions.
You will focus on 3 main functional areas:
- Real Time Response to Customer Issues and routing questions and issues internally
- Maintaining internal and external knowledge bases to support common questions and issues
- Analyzing question and issue trends and generating reports for internal use
- passionate about education and equity;
- able to delight customers through your time sensitive response to issues;
- adept at managing multiple work streams and tasks and able to shift and pivot to reflect current priorities;
- adept at managing highly complex projects with precision and speed (we need both!);
- a great team player, who constantly cultivates productive professional relationships internally and externally;
- the type of person who thrives in ambiguity and complexity, and is a consummate self-starter; and
- an irrepressible process geek, chasing root causes to eliminate waste and risk.
- respond to tickets using a service desk interface;
- export data from the service desk and generate reports for internal use;
- collaborate with members of the product and engineering team to track down sustainable solutions to common problems;
- maintain both internal and external knowledge base text for common issues;
- collaborate cross-functionally to establish and continuously evolve best practices for customer interactions; and
- Assist and/or lead additional projects as needed.
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service or customer support;
- shown excellent organization and have been successful at simultaneously managing multiple highly projects;
- a genuine love for data, graphs, and analytics, an ability to communicate the stories they tell simply and effectively;
- strong verbal and written communication skills;
- and demonstrated the flexibility required to thrive in a results-oriented, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment;
BetterLesson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We don’t just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we support it, and we know it benefits our employees, our products, our partners, and our community. We encourage individuals to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit. At BetterLesson, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈