Customer Support Representative (Europe)
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: European timezones
Category: Customer Support
Smartbnb is seeking to automate the management of the short-term rental industry.
Our core product is currently helping short-term rentals businesses manage over 60,000 properties. We are a growing team of 12 people with plans to expand a lot in 2019 and 2020.
Smartbnb is bootstrapped and profitable. We are interested in building a great, sound business for years to come.
Our company is fully distributed and remote:
• We believe and fully embrace that your best environment is wherever you personally feel the most productive and comfortable for day-to-day work.
• We organize frequent meetups and retreats for the team to physically meet throughout the year. The last trips were to Lisbon, Paris, Prague, and Tenerife!
🤔 Customer success with us 🤔
Our customers trust us for the critical infrastructure of their short-term rental business. This comes with a special responsibility to our customers.
We aim to offer them a white glove customer service experience, to help them reach their goals of financial and personal freedom.
We are already rated 9.6 /10 on Trustpilot and we very much intend to defend that score (it actually improved thanks to the customer service team's performance).
At the same time, your role within the company is also to advocate for customers, in direct relation with our product team (product manager, developers, designer).
You need to be able to qualify and identify bugs or usability problems and report them. This is important so that the development and design team can keep on improving the product.
Lastly, we are not looking for people that like to watch the action from afar.
We will absolutely welcome any input you may have and take ownership of side-projects that will help consolidate our business. This can be related to customer education, sales, marketing, business development and partnerships, or anything we have not thought about yet! The foundation is a deep understanding of our market, our product, and our customers.
⭐️ What you will do ⭐️
Day to day, you will:
• talk to customers via live chat, email, video calls and social media, to address their challenges and issues, verify subscription status and payments, and upsell products and services.
• educate users and customers about our product and pricing with a focus on empathy and building up a relationship.
• investigate, qualify, troubleshoot the customers' technical and usability issues, and work in collaboration with our Engineering and Design team.
• host 1:1 video product demos and support calls with users and customers, so as to educate them about the product by focusing on their business needs.
• demonstrate strong problem-solving and research skills, with attention to detail, to address user issues.
• demonstrate a superior level of technical understanding, as you will grow familiar with the actual engineering of the product and technologies and tools being used (such keywords include "machine learning", "gitlab", "queues", "MySQL").
• establish the company as a positive force for our users' businesses and ecosystem.
✅ What you will need to succeed: ✅
Does it feel like we are on to something? Here are some common traits that successful team members are demonstrating every day and that we are also looking into candidates.
• A deeply human individual that is easy to relate to both the team and our customers. Someone that is okay with sharing vulnerabilities with a willingness to learn and overcome them.
• At the same time, there will be no babysitting. As a remote and distributed company, we will trust you to determine your own schedule, find the best way to deliver your best work, and reach out to your team every time you need help and support.
• You also will need to be a strong communicator. You won't be siloed, but you should be clear, rigorous and precise in your communication, and be confident to challenge ambiguity and ideas, wherever they come from.
• This position is for people that are excited about technology, being part of an artificial intelligence startup and seek automate things to help humans be better!
• You have a good memory! This position will require extensive product knowledge.
• You are available soon! (immediately, or within a month).
• You are a fluent or native English speaker. Other languages are very nice too!
• You are based to serve European timezones during your own daytime hours.
🍰 Brownie points: 🍰
Let us know how many 🍰 you deserve:
• You have experience working on a Saas product (that is for Software as a Service).
• Strong emoji game: you’ve used 👌🙌🙇♂️🙇♀️ in some replies to customers!
• You have experience with providing 1:1 demos over video calls with tools like Zoom, or delivered phone support on platforms like Aircall.
• Si tu parles la langue de Molière 🇫🇷, on rajoute des crêpes! 🥞😋
What we offer:
• Competitive salary, including the possibility of stock options.
• Ample paid leave, in addition to maternity and paternity leave.
• A great support structure: we are here for you.
• You will work independently where you are most productive and happiest.
• All the resources and tools that you need to succeed
• Join a fast-growing startup and be part of the force that shapes the company in the years to come!
We are solving global short-term rental automation. Are you in?
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!